“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Landover
Herndon, Virginia
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The bed was comfortable. Room was quiet. Convenient parking. The front desk rep I came in contact with was okay. The room was clean. The metro train is right around the corner (less than 1 mile). Located in a business industry area. The interstate is around the corner (less than 1 mile). There isn't any free breakfast or coffee. The coffee pot in the room is in the little hall area on the counter top where you wash your face/brush your teeth by the bathroom. Not sure why it wasn't in the room with the beds on the desk by the TV or something. Not a fan of "The Bistro" try not to eat there if you don't have too. The Bistro is Very Expensive and the food taste like frozen food that was cooked in the microwave. Tough, chewy, some pieces were half cooked. They serve Starbucks coffee at Starbucks prices. Other than "The Bistro" the stay was good. I would visit again only if the price is less than $100.00 with tax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jas G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and were very comfortable and impressed with how polite all staff were and how responsive the manager was when we requested a room change (in our first room, the bathroom light kept going out and the sofa bed was not terribly comfortable). The hotel was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The lobby is beautiful. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address your concern. I appreciate your kind words and hope you will stay with us again soon!
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family and I were in town for a wedding. The staff were extremely attentive. Very quick responses when we called to the front desk. Very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable. Only negative, there was a smoke smell in the hallway. This is supposed to be a smoke-free hotel. I can't however, place the fault to hotel management because its probably difficult to police all guests to make sure they follow the rules. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I can not say enough about the quality of this hotel! My husband and I recently stayed here for 5 nights while we toured the Washington DC area. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the friendly staff. When we got to our room, our door would not open after several attempts. We quickly got the manager, who also tried the door and he immediately gave us a new room. The room was very clean and spacious with a refrigerator, and the beds were very comfortable. This hotel is only a few minutes away from the Metro, and the hotel gave us a courtesy ride to and from the Metro each day. Each evening we dined at The Bistro (in hotel restaurant) and every meal we had was delicious and reasonably priced for that area. We traveled by plane and on the way to the hotel, my husband's luggage handle broke. The manager said that it was not a problem, and the next day we were driven to Target to get a new one! Who ever heard of a hotel being so accommodating that they would give a guest a courtesy ride to the nearest Target? We were very impressed!!! They knew that we would be walking all over Wash. DC in the 90 plus degree heat, so when we were picked up from the Metro, we were offered bottles of water, which was greatly appreciated! We were also delightfully impressed with all of the staff! They treated us like family and wanted to know all about us and when were we coming back again! I will recommend this hotel to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen T
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel!! Upon walking into the lobby the entire set up is gorgeous, the check in process was really smooth an easy. Within minutes we had our keys an was headed to our room. The staff was very very friendly throughout the entire hotel. The room was very clean an beautiful! What I expect at a Marriott, I have stayed at a few an im never dissatisfied. The room was fresh an modern, outlets for all my electronics. The bed was comfortable an new memory foam! Our room had a balcony over looking the courtyard and indoor pool. So I cld see when it was a good time to swim lol. The pool was warm an clean always towels an the pool furniture was well kept. The court yard furniture was beautiful as well made for a nice relaxing lunch after our swim. The restaurant The Bistro down in the lobby was delicious!!!! We at breakfast (which was included in the price of our room for a small fee, worth it)everyday an our other mealswhen we weren't out doing our planned activities. Housekeeping was great even though I didnt let them in my room until I left. But there was always someone out during the day so when I needed sheets or anything I just popped my head into the hall. It is really quiet an pretty throughout, long walks to the ice an elevators but that wasnt so bad. I loved this hotel so much we decided to extend our vacation just to have more time at the hotel!! U really wont be disappointed staying at this hotel!! Im planning my next trip there as week speak. Checkout was smooth as there was always someone at the counter day an nite. Only minutes!! Im inlove with this hotel an Marriott in general!! An u can smoke in tge courtyard which is great, instead of standing in the front of the hotel !! And its lots to do in the surrounding area we went for six flags but stayed for the hotel!! An the famous Carolina Kitchen about a 10 min drive. An its a walmart about 10 mins away for all you walmart addicts, we went twice in 4 days lol. Overall a wonderful experience, an im looking for to stating there again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank travelbug0604
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
This is fantastic to read! I'm thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business and loyalty. I'll be sharing your review with the staff at our morning meeting.
North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This Marriott was outstanding! The beds were extremely comfortable, that's the first thing my husband checks out! The rooms were very clean! That's the first thing I look at upon arrival lol. We were on the first floor that had sliding doors going onto a private patio overlooking the courtyard. The room was very quiet. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We could not figure out the alarm clock and called the front desk. Someone was at our room within ten minutes. It turns out the button was broken and they had a replacement for us within 20 minutes. The hotel is close to the metro which takes you right into Washington DC. If you are up to it, you can walk there; it's about a ten minute walk. The hotel also offers a free shuttle. It was 102 degrees when we were there so we chose to take the shuttle to the station. We did rent a car so the next day we just drove and parked the car at the station which is free. When visiting Washington DC again we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking into the courtyard.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya S
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It should be noted that the Metro Parking lot is free on weekends, but that there is a charge during the week.

We look forward to serving you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for two nights in late summer 2013 and have no complaints. Courtyards seem to be consistently of good quality. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. The property is very close to a Metro station and they provide a shuttle service, though I did not have occasion to take advantage of it. I would recommend this location and I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve H
The staff and I are glad you enjoyed your trip to New Carrollton. We hope you visit the area again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo

Been to Courtyard New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!