“Best hotel in the area!”

Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Landover
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here because hotels in the DC area were booked due to the inauguration. This hotel is as close to perfection as possible! We arrived on the metro from Reagan National Airport and didn't know what to expect when we called the hotel for a shuttle. The voice on the other line was welcoming and said, "we will send the shuttle right up". Definitely a WOW factor. Check-in was a breeze and the employee at the front desk was friendly and efficient. We stayed in a King room for 3 days. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room clean, and had a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The only complaint was that the TV was located at a strange angle in relation to the room and was difficult to see from the couch.

We used the hotel shuttle service several times and it really felt as if it was "at our service". In fact, we felt the entire staff was at our service. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was hot, fresh, and reasonably priced. The use of the business center is complimentary for those needing to print a boarding pass or the internet. This hotel is quiet and safe. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan L
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thanks! We think so, too!

Please don't wait until next Inauguration to visit again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here to go to the game. Beds were extremely comfortable. Very quiet area. Saw a security vehicle patrolling the parking lots at the hotel and nearby. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Had planned to use metro to and from game but the shuttle service recommended by the staff was better. The breakfast at the hotel retaurant was good. Large servings. Would stay there again. Easy on and off beltway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth G

Many of our guests take the Metro for the Redskins games, but more and more folks are utilizing the third-party shuttle that you speak of. It is a great way to save $40 for FedEx Field parking for the upcoming season!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I only stay at Marriott chains and this one did not disappoint. I booked my room online because I was driving in from New Jersey for a Christmas concert on 12/1. I requested early check in because I didn't know what time I was going to arrive. Well we arrived around 12:30 and I thought my room wouldn't be ready but when I went to the Lobby I was greeted at the front desk with a smile and a of course your room is ready. Check in was a breeze and took about 3 mins tops. The lobby is so nice. I love the chic modern decor. I left my iPhone charger home and asked the lady at the desk if she could charge my phone she let me borrow a charger. That was very nice of her. There is a little cafe where you can get food wine coffee but it didn't open back up til 5 and my concert was at 4. The room was clean. The bed was comfy like all Marriotts. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Caribbeantravelqueen

I'm glad to see that we exceeded your expectations. I've shared your comments with the team so they are able to keep up the good work!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Courtyard upholds a standard that my wife and I come to expect when we stay at one. We won't stay anywhere else because this company has never let us down because of the courteous staff, fantastic rooms and comfortable facilities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dreamweaver227
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had yet another great experience with the Courtyard by Marriott! The place was predictably clean and inviting and the staff were welcoming, friendly and professional. The ONLY thing I wish they'd address is the positioning of the TV's in relation to the bed. It is unnatural to have to turn your head to watch TV. Since we don't spend much time in the room, it's not enough to deter us from staying there but it does seem like something can be done.

Personally, I would prefer a firmer bed but I really have never been unhappy or disappointed with any Marriott I've stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for a parent's weekend for GW University. We were armed with our Metro Smart Trip cards and it was approx. a 30 min. ride to the Foggy Bottom stop from New Carrollton. The hotel supplies a free shuttle (but of course you tip the driver!) to the station.
This hotel is very chic looking. Our room was clean and updated, and the bed was very, very comfortable. We had a great sleep because it was sooo quiet. Wi-fi service was great in the room, also. I booked through an online booking service and got a great price. Staff was friendly and room was perfect. Look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Don't forget your bathing suit for the indoor pool (unfortunately, we did forget).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paulnlin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The desk staff was amazing and very helpful. Even prior to our stay, I called several times asking several questions and the staff was always kind and helpful! We were staying in the area for a football game and were very pleased to find that there was a driver that offered to take us to and from the game! It was a huge plus! We also liked the complementary shuttle to the metro! My only complaint was that there weren't vending machines. Our only option was to purchase from the market and it was pricey. The pool was in good shape and the warmest pool water I've ever felt!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LuckyLockeys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
1 mi away
Best Western Capital Beltway
1 mi away
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Courtyard New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!