“Close to Metro”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Landover
The Woodlands, Texas
“Close to Metro”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Check-in was a breeze, staff was friendly and rooms were comfortable. Nice workout facility and the courtyard was appealing. I loved the fact it is so close to the metro station. I would recommend this hotel to both tourists and business travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GottaRun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Close to the Metro, but the location is isolated... The only restaurant around was Subway, so the addition of the small cafe in the lobby was great. The room was neat, clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room near an elevator... The hallways are somewhat of a maze.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CaliGirlNOT
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 10, 2012

From my point of view hotel has excellent location, walking distance to work. I arrived after more than 20 hours at the airport and in the air. The check in was quick and I got room as I wished. 3 months ago I was in another Courtyard and expected the same food and service. In my room everything was OK except office chair and work table. Both were "very tired" and basically useless. Hmm ... it was OK, I did not have to work at night. Bistro, in comparison with another Courtyard was significantly poorer. I was served Asian Chicken salad without chicken. Salad reminded not the delicious salad from another Courtyard. The porridge was too loose and there were no utilities on. The evenings were chaotic when we were quite a few who were waiting for supper. I saw that all who took care of the Bistro,where beginners and there is nothing wrong in that they had counterparts to handle the situation. It is management's fault that they were not supported by any experienced person who could help and co-teach. Check out was correct and efficient. I complained on office chair and was promised better workplace for the next visit.

If you intend get the work done in the room and wish get lite better track of the plate in the Bistro choose another hotel. I recommend the hotel for those who work nearby and don't need work at the hotel. Tourists, you do not work at night and probably eat outside the hotel so I give recommendation because I had very good bed, coffee maker in the room, TV set and perfectly working air conditioning. I will be soon back at Courtyard Landover.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Though we had planned for a 10 pm check-in, we could only reach the hotel half past the midnight hour. What happened next made me wonder whether I indeed was at a Marriott property. When I asked for the luggage cart, the front desk associate sent me in three different directions. When I tried that in vain, discounting the discomfort as the result of the late hour, he finally remarked that he had no clue at all about where it could be. It didn’t just stop there – he directed me to a faraway entry door to the room, though it had one closer to the parking lot. I used this door for my second trip after a difficult first one. No complaints in getting sleep after all this manual labor!

The next day wasn’t that much different. When I booked the room online for two adults and two kids, I had chosen the ‘with breakfast option’. But the next morning, the staff said only breakfast for two was included and I had to purchase 2 more separately. No indication of this in the confirmation email.

These unpleasant and expensive troubles aside, the property itself is nice looking, complete with a pool and a fitness center. Complimentary internet was useful too. The morning shift staff at the front desk was very friendly, though they couldn’t do more than quote rules about breakfast.

A nice property, but overshadowed by our less than nice experience with their staff/practices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The rooms could use an update. My wife and I didn't care much for the mattress as it was a little too soft. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the Metro for easy access to DC. It’s great to have free parking (as opposed to $40 per night in DC).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Worst experience with a hotel staff in recent memory. From the front desk manager being absent goofing off at check-in (see below) to the poor response regarding disposition of the ozone generator we found roaring away in our room, really made me wish there had been a way to have made this hotel experience completely staff-free.
At check-in, I actually had to reach over the front desk counter, grab the phone & dial the front desk to get the attendant to appear from wherever she had been goofing off. To top it off, she took offense at my effort to get service.
On the plus side, the in-room TV is a nice-size flat panel which actually presents some channels in HD.

Room Tip: At check-in, make sure the assigned room doesn't come with an ozone generator.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wboehmer
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We've stayed here twice and find that it meets our needs for short stays. The rooms are clean and nice, though our last one could've used some maintenance. It should include breakfast like other Courtyards, but it doesn't. There's nothing nearby except for the metro (right next door), so it is convenient for getting into DC. The drive into DC is pretty easy as well since your right off US 50.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank klpawl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Courtyard New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!