Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover
$93
$154
Residence Inn
HotelQuickly
All reviewsmetro stationdowntown dcbusiness parkredskins gameaverage courtyardfedex fieldbusiness areaoverlooking the courtyardfree shuttle serviceorange linehotels offermarriott courtyardmarriott rewardsfree breakfastbasic amenitieshave stayed at this hotel severalbathroom light
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Positives: spacious rooms, location very convenient to DC at suburban pricing, safe (industrial) location.

Negatives: I made a reservation for four people, two queen beds and a rollaway (requested via their reservation form). At check-in, I repeated my request for a rollaway. It was acknowledged. I went out to dinner (10 minutes away is a huge mall with great dining options) and when I came back, no rollaway in the room. I went down to the desk where a different clerk informed me that with two queens, they didn't provide a rollaway. How is it possible that this was the first time I was informed of that situation? They had the request a week or so in advance, it was repeated at check-in and I wasn't told "no" until it was bedtime. If this is a zoning regulation (and that's possible), they could have notified me earlier. If this is a property decision, it makes no sense to me as the room was sufficiently spacious that a rollaway would have fit quite comfortably in the room.

Check-in took an inordinate amount of time. I waited for 15-20 minutes without any acknowledgement of apology for the slow service. It's not like there were a lot of people checking in. One person was just finishing and the one in front of me didn't seem to present any inordinate problems. Service was just slow.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. Given the apparently cavalier attitude towards customer service, I'd give other places in the area a try.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. You are right about there being confusion regarding fire hazard issues. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by this. Based upon your feedback, I have reached out to our Fire Marshal for clarification on this matter and communicated to our team that rollaways are indeed permitted in our rooms.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

We only stayed for one night but chose it because the rail and metro stations were so close. They were very helpful, pleasant and the decor great. The rooms roomy and clean and beds comfortable. The pool had a lifeguard and indoors. They had plenty of free computers and work places in the lobby. Drinks and snacks always available at the front desk, of course this eliminates the need for vending machines and is a little pricey.

The small cafe is only open certain hours though and before we even asked we were loudly told they were closed as we were approaching, that may be the only inconvenience. The shuttle service runs until 10pm but when we called at exactly 10 at the metro station they still were happy to pick us up. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I rarely write reviews but I stayed here last night and will be checking out today. This hotel is outdated and service is poor. If you want a cheap place to stay and also hear doors LITERALLY slamming ALL night long with mgmt that do nothing about drunks in your hall- stay here. The hotel lay out is a joke- the elevator buttons do not work- the walls are SOOOO THIN you can hear people talking in next room and even the noise from the TV. Never ever- stay here if you need to be refreshed and ready for work. Disgusting compared to other Marriott properties.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TootieRed
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We were in the area for a birthday party. We usually stay at Marriott owned hotels. It best not to stay here unless you have a car. It's close to nothing. It claims the metro is within walking distance and it is. It's a long walk especially when cold. It was also difficult to find, being in the middle of nothing. The rooms was old and outdated and the elevator was very cold. I will say the personnel were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oktraveler83
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stay at this hotel once a month for work have have no complaints of the property itself. However if you are looking for something to do at night then this might not be the place to stay.

Staff. Each time I stay here infind the staff to be both friendly and efficient. They are quick to check you in and more than happy to provide directions or suggestions.

Property. The hotel itself is probably less than 10 years old. The lobby is large, and the restaurant is above average for a courtyard. Though the menu is slightly limited the food is very good. While I have never used the pool, it too seems bigger than a pool should be for this size hotel.

Rooms. All are clean and comfortable. HD flatscreens and couches make this a nice place to relax.

Drawback. The only negative is that the is nothing to do whatsoever within 15 minutes of the hotel. Any restaurants require a drive up or down the highway a few exits. Downtown DC could be more than a half hour away depending on traffic, however there is a train station within a mile of the hotel.

Again, aside from the location this is a very nice hotel especially for the price.

• Stayed: January 2011