“Late night dinner”

The Green Turtle
Ranked #18 of 61 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Loud music from bar made it difficult to carry on a conversation.

Food was good.

One of our party found something in his dinner. It was handled well and he was not charged for any meal.

Drinks took a long time to arrive.

1  Thank Dan H

Reviewed March 24, 2012

typical chain, nothing great, OK, decent value. Concret floors, simple, youthful decor, sports bar atmosphere, live music some Saturday nights

1  Thank tomrealest
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We are new to the area and decided to try the Green Turtle, it was a lazy Saturday and decided to call in and go pick it up or have it delivered. To start off, when I called and asked if they delivered the girl said yes so I proceeded to give her our order and then after I was finished I then proceeded to give her our address and she said "Why do I need your address?" I said "to deliver our order..." she laughed like a school girl and said "oh we don't deliver" I replied with "you said you did?" and she giggled again and said she got confused. Really??!! Well on top of that frustration...we went and picked up the food. It is a 10 minute trip (round trip) and the food was HORRIBLE!!! It was cold and had no flavor and way too greasy!!! My husband and I looked at each other after 2 bites and dumped $34 in the trash. That's how much we paid to fill up our trash can. Disgusting, horrible food and less than intelligent staff. Note to the town of La Plata....don't waste your money or your time at the Green Turtle.

10  Thank AbbeeS
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My girlfriend and I eat here all the time. I would say that it is my favorite sports bar in the area. The food is normally very tasting, and most things are a good value for the money. There are TVs all over the place, including in your booth so you can watch whatever you desire. Sometimes on really crowded days the service may lack a bit, but that is to be expected.

1  Thank RebelKB475
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Port Tobacco, Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Good sports bar, a bit overpriced

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook