“Great Hotel - and STAFF” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express La Plata

Holiday Inn Express La Plata
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Hotel - and STAFF”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

Room was large, and clean. Staff was one of the friendliest I've encountered in a long time. I missed breakfast by about 15 minutes, however the staff was more than willing to without my asking to provide me with fruit and juice. Requested a late check out of 12pm and the staff was more than happy to accommodate my needs. Mgr, Latoya went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I recently spent two nights at this Sleep Inn. The rooms, check-in and other amenities at this type of hotel are "cookie-cutter" style. Thus the best one can hope for is a predictable stay with no unpleasant surprises. That was the case with my stay. My only complaints had to do with the free breakfast. The poor fellow trying to service was essentially on his own and doing his best to keep the Sunday morning hoard fed. The food came and went very quickly leading to waits for more food. But one really shouldn't stay at this type of place for the food. Access to the property was another matter. It is located on a very busy highway. If you are headed south it may take a while to cross that busy highway and there is no other way to get to the hotel. Other than that I was pleased with my stay and would go there again if need arose.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

My mother and I had to go to a funeral, and we got a room to share with two queen beds. Of course, you don't expect four-star accommodations at a Sleep Inn. The room had an interesting layout, with a large bathroom, a small loveseat, a desk with internet access (don't know if it functions adequately because I didn't bring my laptop), and the two beds and a flatscreen TV in the bedroom area. Everything was large enough and clean enough, with the exception of the needle cap from a syringe peeking out from under my mother's bed. One can only hope it came from a previous guest who was diabetic...
There is a breakfast buffet in a room off the lobby with the usual baked goods, fruit, cereals, and a make-your-own waffle iron. A coin-operated washer and dryer are located on each floor, along with the usual vending machine fare. There is also a microwave located in the laundry room area.
All in all, if you have to stay in the area, this property is perfectly adequate.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The street noise.
  • Stayed December 2008
      Check in / front desk
Bumpass, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed at Sleep Inn this past weekend and was very satisfied with my room. Had a 2 room suite, with 3 queen beds. The 3rd queen bed in a seperate bedroom offered total privacy and the 2nd tv in that room was also a bonus. Room and linens were clean, and shower (no bath) was spacious.
One disappoint was that their wireless internet was only available in the lobby. Should you wanna go online in your room, you had to connect via ethernet cable, which they DID supply. Because I had 3 of my children with me, ages 8-15, internet WAS a must, as we always travel with laptops. Watching 3 kids fight over 1 internet connection wasn't pleasant. The pool was another must, however their "heated" indoor pool didn't feel heated at all and their empty and dirty hot tub made my trip down in my swimsuit a very dry trip back to my room. My sons, however DID brave the cold water and used the pool, though they first had to ask for clean towels, as there were no clean towels stocked in the pool area.
The young man at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant, so no complaints there. Because I was a Choice Priviledges member, he did give me an extended check-out of 2pm. Breakfast was average and very crowded.
Would I stay here again? Eh- only if I needed that large of a room.

Stayed April 2008
illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2007

This hotel is fine during the week but becomes party central on Saturday nights. We are working in the area so we are staying long-term so we have experienced 2 Saturday nights at the property so far.
On October 20, 2007, several girls were running up and down the halls and letting doors slam. I called and was able to go back to sleep. I am not sure if they did anything.
On October 27, 2007, the alarm in the room next to us went off at 5am. My girlfriend complained and she was told they could not go in the room. My girlfriend said there was no one in the room since we knew it was a co-worker who had left for the weekend. She was told the maintenance man would get to it when he was finished preparing breakfast. The alarm clock went off for at least an hour.
On October 27, 2007, there was a reception of some sort in the hotel. I went to sleep but my girlfriend woke up at about 11:59pm and complained about the noise. She was told that guests had just checked in and that was the cause. My girlfriend said the noise had been going on for an hour but to no avail. Tracy said she couldn't do anything about the noise and couldn't stop them from making noise. She asked if we wanted to change rooms. Change rooms at midnight!!??? Are you crazy? My girlfriend watched the hall-travellers go up and down the halls so that belies her assertion that they just checked in.
On October 28, 2007, we heard the same alarm clock again at 5am. I know my co-worker is not back yet. They never turned the alarm clock off. They couldn't be bothered.
If the property cannot stop people from making noise, then I will make sure no one sleeps next Saturday night if it is party central again. They already said they can't stop me. I will record it as well and probably post it on you tube.

Stayed October 2007

Travelers are raving about these La Plata hotels

North East, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2007

We booked a two-bedroom suite. It was spacious and clean. The rooms were nice with a desk and small sitting area that included a couch. There was a clean working fridge, 2 TVs and all three queen beds had clean (and nice-smelling) linens.

Staff was polite and friendly. The kids had free reign to explore and play. They liked the indoor pool. The hot tub worked, but was not heated.

We all liked the bathroom a lot. The shower in our room was more spacious than the typical tub-type shower. It was a walk-in shower that could easily accommodate two people.

We enjoyed our stay and would book a room again.

• Liked — The rooms were clean and spacious
  • Disliked — The hot tub was not heated
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2007

We tried to cancel our reservation more than 24 hours in advance and were told that the policy is to cancel within 48 hours and that we'd be charged for the rooms. Of course, no one from the hotel indicated this 48 hour policy when the reservation was first made. We were told it was a 24 hour cancellation policy. There were no emails from the hotel and no regular mail correspondence that indicated the supposed 48 hour policy. This is an unscrupulous hotel. It is run by the unprofessional and the rude. Stay far, far away.

Stayed July 2007
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 12 in Waldorf

Been to Holiday Inn Express La Plata? Share your experiences!