“Clean room, helpful service!”

Holiday Inn Express La Plata
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
Bumpass, Virginia
“Clean room, helpful service!”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed at Sleep Inn this past weekend and was very satisfied with my room. Had a 2 room suite, with 3 queen beds. The 3rd queen bed in a seperate bedroom offered total privacy and the 2nd tv in that room was also a bonus. Room and linens were clean, and shower (no bath) was spacious.
One disappoint was that their wireless internet was only available in the lobby. Should you wanna go online in your room, you had to connect via ethernet cable, which they DID supply. Because I had 3 of my children with me, ages 8-15, internet WAS a must, as we always travel with laptops. Watching 3 kids fight over 1 internet connection wasn't pleasant. The pool was another must, however their "heated" indoor pool didn't feel heated at all and their empty and dirty hot tub made my trip down in my swimsuit a very dry trip back to my room. My sons, however DID brave the cold water and used the pool, though they first had to ask for clean towels, as there were no clean towels stocked in the pool area.
The young man at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant, so no complaints there. Because I was a Choice Priviledges member, he did give me an extended check-out of 2pm. Breakfast was average and very crowded.
Would I stay here again? Eh- only if I needed that large of a room.

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2007

This hotel is fine during the week but becomes party central on Saturday nights. We are working in the area so we are staying long-term so we have experienced 2 Saturday nights at the property so far.
On October 20, 2007, several girls were running up and down the halls and letting doors slam. I called and was able to go back to sleep. I am not sure if they did anything.
On October 27, 2007, the alarm in the room next to us went off at 5am. My girlfriend complained and she was told they could not go in the room. My girlfriend said there was no one in the room since we knew it was a co-worker who had left for the weekend. She was told the maintenance man would get to it when he was finished preparing breakfast. The alarm clock went off for at least an hour.
On October 27, 2007, there was a reception of some sort in the hotel. I went to sleep but my girlfriend woke up at about 11:59pm and complained about the noise. She was told that guests had just checked in and that was the cause. My girlfriend said the noise had been going on for an hour but to no avail. Tracy said she couldn't do anything about the noise and couldn't stop them from making noise. She asked if we wanted to change rooms. Change rooms at midnight!!??? Are you crazy? My girlfriend watched the hall-travellers go up and down the halls so that belies her assertion that they just checked in.
On October 28, 2007, we heard the same alarm clock again at 5am. I know my co-worker is not back yet. They never turned the alarm clock off. They couldn't be bothered.
If the property cannot stop people from making noise, then I will make sure no one sleeps next Saturday night if it is party central again. They already said they can't stop me. I will record it as well and probably post it on you tube.

Stayed October 2007

Travelers are raving about these La Plata hotels

North East, Maryland
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We booked a two-bedroom suite. It was spacious and clean. The rooms were nice with a desk and small sitting area that included a couch. There was a clean working fridge, 2 TVs and all three queen beds had clean (and nice-smelling) linens.

Staff was polite and friendly. The kids had free reign to explore and play. They liked the indoor pool. The hot tub worked, but was not heated.

We all liked the bathroom a lot. The shower in our room was more spacious than the typical tub-type shower. It was a walk-in shower that could easily accommodate two people.

We enjoyed our stay and would book a room again.

• Liked — The rooms were clean and spacious
  • Disliked — The hot tub was not heated
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We tried to cancel our reservation more than 24 hours in advance and were told that the policy is to cancel within 48 hours and that we'd be charged for the rooms. Of course, no one from the hotel indicated this 48 hour policy when the reservation was first made. We were told it was a 24 hour cancellation policy. There were no emails from the hotel and no regular mail correspondence that indicated the supposed 48 hour policy. This is an unscrupulous hotel. It is run by the unprofessional and the rude. Stay far, far away.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Nellbell
Kentucky
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We felt safe here because it is across the street from the Sheriff's Department. Our room was clean and spacious. The man at the front desk explained available discounts when asked. The staff was extremely helpful when asked for places to eat and things to do. The room was quite a bit cheaper than what this site states at 69.99 a night. They do give a 20% discount if you are a Sam's club member.
My son loved the pool and whirlpool although the surrounding area could have been cleaner. The morning breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereals, oats, fruit, waffles, and pastries along with breakfast drinks. Housekeeping came daily to clean and change linens. They were very friendly and spoke English. There is also a computer with internet for guest use in the lobby and free newspapers daily.
The nearby city of Waldorf is the best best for finding things to do. It is only 10-15 minutes away. This hotel was cheaper than the Best Western next door. I would definently recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank KentuckyTraveler07
Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2007

We checked in to find the room dirty with half eaten food and coffee on the dresser and dirty linens in the shower and bathroom. We informed two cleaning men in the hallway, who did not speak english, plus we told the front desk. Only the food and coffee were removed, the dirty linens were not picked up.

They next morning, as my husband was searching around to find his sock, he found a syringe on the floor over by the chair. Not only is this unacceptable, it is unsafe and potentially dangerous!

As we reported this to the manager, who was VERY inexperienced and unprofessional, he tried to accuse us of leaving the dirty needle on the floor! Plus he stated that the room was clean and inspected the day before, so therefore he is claiming that we are lying.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. This facility is very poorly managed.

• Disliked — Dirty room!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
#1 of 12 in Waldorf
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in King George

Been to Holiday Inn Express La Plata? Share your experiences!