“I felt like Goldilocks”

Holiday Inn Express La Plata
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stopped at Sleep Inn en route, and got our room. I felt like Goldilocks. Some things in our room were too big, others too small, and almost nothing was just right.

The bed was way too hard. WAY! My husband wound up on the couch because the bed was too hard for him to fall asleep.

The room itself was so large that the TV remote control did not work until you got off the bed to make the distance smaller.

The bathroom was too big. I had to get up off the toilet to reach the toilet paper. REALLY! But the shower was too small - or rather, the entrance to the shower was tiny. If they had just constructed it a little differently, it could have been a handicapped accessible room, but the shower access was so tiny that it could not have accommodated a wheelchair.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nebzil

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I do NOT recommend. confusion and mixups. Not remedied or even handled politely. Everyone at the desk blamed someone else that works there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

On a overnight stay from my home in NC- I chose this facility- because I came here 2 years ago- and it was dlightful. The carpeting is in need of shampooing in the room- the swich plate to turn on light in bathroom not clean nor have the doors been wipe down/cleaned marks/handprints.At 6:30Am went to the breakfst[?] food colorless- stiff and dry and the microwave FILTHY- and it was 6:30AM! The male person at counter was playing his personal radio... I came up to check out and told he could not because he was running report. After 10 minutes he called me up to counter - music now off- yet he realized he couldn't check me out yet.. Waited another what seemed 5 minutes and checked me out. Never how was your stay- just concerned if I wanted to leave the payment on my credit card.... The waiting area furniture is so cheap you feel you are sitting on covered cardboard

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Booked rooms for wedding guests. What a fiasco!! Many discrepancies regarding reservations and billing and it's not straightened out YET. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and trying to get someone on the phone is practically impossible. I have not yet given up, but I am VERY frustrated and have a big mouth.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sleekcheetah
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I've stayed here several times before and I dont think I'm going to book it again. Our room was nice. A King size bed, with tv alarm clock, couch desk microwave, refridgerator. Just a standard hotel room. I wanted a shower when I got there and almost fell and broke my neck, there is nothing in the bottom of the tub to keep me from falling and it was extremely slippery. Then that night we kept hearing our neighbors doors slam constantly, and this was after 11pm. The rooms are not soundproof, I could hear the person above us walking back and forth. I called down to the desk about the doors but nothing stopped. I got very little sleep that night. Breakfast was a normal affair, normal stuff. Checking out however wasn't great either. I had to yell to get someone to come check me out. And she had an attitude that I wanted to check out. I just dont think i will stay here again even if the rate is so low.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have stayed here in the past and had no problems, and in fact we prefer their suite style rooms because we have a large family. However, this time we had a problem. We got to the room late at night and discovered ants on the walls behind the headboards of 2 of the 3 beds in the room. It wasn't just an ant or two - there were lots of them. It should be noted that this was a 2-room suite, and ants were in both rooms. Unfortunately there were no other 2-room suites or any rooms available (it was a Saturday night), so we were forced to go to the Best Western next door and get two separate rooms there. Ended up costing us nearly twice as much for the night. The woman on duty at the front desk was very nice and offered to vacuum the bugs and spray, but we didn't want our kids sleeping in a room that had just been sprayed for bugs. She refunded our money. Tough ending to a late night, but hopefully this was an aberration.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NJfamily6
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I disagree with other reviews that say the service was bad. We had a very good experience. The room was clean, well appointed, and big. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Waldorf
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in King George

Been to Holiday Inn Express La Plata? Share your experiences!