“Solid go-to restaurant.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband found this joint while looking for a place to eat that wasn't a chain and didn't require that we drive into DC and it was a winner!

We were seated quickly and quickly greeted by our server. The drink menu is very well priced and they have an excellent select of beer and wine. My husband ordered a bottle of Chimay Tripel and I got a Mojito. The Mojito was very nice and Chimay is always good!

We got the spicy pork spring rolls for our appetizer and they were fresh and tasty.

My husband and daughter both got the hamburger with fries and I ordered the hot pastrami sandwich with fries. The food isn't going to blow your mind, but it is solid and I would definitely go back.. We did have the creme brulee and chocolate bombe for desserts and both were tasty.

The restaurant is really cute with an open kitchen so you can see the cooks in action. After we ate, we wandered over to the other side of the restaurant which is a bar to have some more drinks and listen to the live music. They ran out of mint for the Mojitos so I ordered a bottle of wine. A very tasty bottle of sauvignon blanc was only $19. Even the Chimay (large bottle format) was priced at $16, which is an incredibly low mark-up considering most of the local stores sell it for $12.

We are really glad we found Casey Jones and will be returning to enjoy more of their great environment and good food!

There are newer reviews for The Crossing at Casey Jones

Reviewed May 13, 2014

It's okay food but very average at best; very loud but high energy for sure. Just a hangout place with lots of noise. Go in expecting a "bar" and not much more.

1  Thank Saga25
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stopped for a business dinner based on recommendations from co-workers. I called earlier in that same afternoon to inquire about reservations. Spoke to Lisa (the owner, I learned later) who gave me a great description of the restaurant and made perfect recommendations for seating. Our table was on the outdoor patio, completely covered overhead but open on the sides. Perfect for a warm May evening.
We were served by Drew who attended to our every need in a courteous and speedy manner. Our group ordered a variety of food, and everything came out hot and succulent. The Buffalo Strips for an appetizer were soooo moist and flavourful. Yummy! Also had a salmon mousse appetizer that came with toast points and capers. Very good. The beef tenderloin was wrapped in back-bacon and cooked medium rare, which tasted fantastic. It was served with fresh veggies and finger potatoes.
After paying the bill and returning to my hotel in Waldorf, I realized that I had forgot to get a copy of the receipt. I called the restaurant and spoke to Lisa, again, who arranged to have a copy e-mailed to me. It came within minutes! Great service, even after you're gone :-)

1  Thank DandH_1989
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Casey's has been in Laplata forever and they have definitely earned my top spot for favorite watering hole and local hangout. Their food is excellent, their waitstaff is super attentive and their bartenders are great. I love the dark pub atmosphere and the long-standing community history of the restaurant/bar. They have higher-end menu items, craft wine and beer choices as well as really great pub food. I highly recommend their pastrami and rye sand-which, their Cuban, the spinach cigars and anything with crab. Great spot, definitely a local favorite.

1  Thank Maddie C
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I always loved going to The Crossing at Casey Jones for fine dining, brunch, and high tea. I think they discontiued high tea and occasional Sunday brunch. My last two trips there were very disappointing. I do not like my entree served in a bowl with everything running together. I haven't been back for awhile because for the quality of food, it's just not worth the money.

My son and daughter-in-law also spoke to the manager on one occasion and he lacked interest in their concerns. They do not go there anymore. This has become more of a bar than a fine dining restaurant.

This used to be the best restaurant in LaPlata. What happened?

1  Thank Patricia488