“Fantastic Place with Fantastic Food”

The Crossing at Casey Jones
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Halifax
“Fantastic Place with Fantastic Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stopped for a business dinner based on recommendations from co-workers. I called earlier in that same afternoon to inquire about reservations. Spoke to Lisa (the owner, I learned later) who gave me a great description of the restaurant and made perfect recommendations for seating. Our table was on the outdoor patio, completely covered overhead but open on the sides. Perfect for a warm May evening.
We were served by Drew who attended to our every need in a courteous and speedy manner. Our group ordered a variety of food, and everything came out hot and succulent. The Buffalo Strips for an appetizer were soooo moist and flavourful. Yummy! Also had a salmon mousse appetizer that came with toast points and capers. Very good. The beef tenderloin was wrapped in back-bacon and cooked medium rare, which tasted fantastic. It was served with fresh veggies and finger potatoes.
After paying the bill and returning to my hotel in Waldorf, I realized that I had forgot to get a copy of the receipt. I called the restaurant and spoke to Lisa, again, who arranged to have a copy e-mailed to me. It came within minutes! Great service, even after you're gone :-)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DandH_1989

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best town pub/local food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Casey's has been in Laplata forever and they have definitely earned my top spot for favorite watering hole and local hangout. Their food is excellent, their waitstaff is super attentive and their bartenders are great. I love the dark pub atmosphere and the long-standing community history of the restaurant/bar. They have higher-end menu items, craft wine and beer choices as well as really great pub food. I highly recommend their pastrami and rye sand-which, their Cuban, the spinach cigars and anything with crab. Great spot, definitely a local favorite.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Maddie C
Swan Point, Maryland
“Used to be fine dining; not so much lately.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I always loved going to The Crossing at Casey Jones for fine dining, brunch, and high tea. I think they discontiued high tea and occasional Sunday brunch. My last two trips there were very disappointing. I do not like my entree served in a bowl with everything running together. I haven't been back for awhile because for the quality of food, it's just not worth the money.

My son and daughter-in-law also spoke to the manager on one occasion and he lacked interest in their concerns. They do not go there anymore. This has become more of a bar than a fine dining restaurant.

This used to be the best restaurant in LaPlata. What happened?

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Patricia488
La Plata, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

good food, well prepared, some what pricey. We were able to sit at a nice round table. Food came out quickly.

• Visited September 2013
La Plata, Maryland
“so disappointing”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My boyfriend, young daughter, and I came here New Years Eve-the service was horrible the moment we walked into the door. The hostess made us feel unwelcome because we didn't have a reservation and we ended up sitting in the bar area. We ordered some martinis' and they were disgusting! My boyfriend asked if he could switch it out for something better, and our waitress replied, "Well, since it's New Years we can, but not usually." I ordered the salmon cooked on cedar, and it was pretty fishy. When I voiced my complaint to the waitress, she said, "Well maybe it's because it was cooked on the cedar board." Bad service, bad food. We will NEVER visit this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013