“Started off great...keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Oak Bistro

Red Oak Bistro
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Red Oak Bistro, located in La Plata, Maryland, offers a fresh take on the traditional dining experience with great ambience and a modern rustic décor. Our menu presents a “New American” style cuisine, with inspiration from both Mediterranean and traditional Maryland dishes that are sure to please any palate. Red Oak’s full bar features a wide range of craft beers as well as wine on draft—adding an...other dimension to our expertly curated selection of bottled wines—not to mention a long list of handcrafted specialty cocktails destined to become favorites. As Southern Maryland natives, we are inspired by the local history and culture clearly reflected in our interior design, which is heavily accented with reclaimed local barn wood and oak tables by local Amish craftsmen. If you are looking for something both new and inspired, we invite you, your family and friends to delight your senses at Red Oak.
La Plata, Maryland
“Started off great...keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The first time I dined at Red Oak my friends and I were impressed in so many ways...the beer selection, cocktails, decor, menu selection...however, I got a type of Greek salad that was good...but I felt like it was missing some touches that would really make it worth the price...I usually don't complain, but when the manager asked us how everything was...I told him. He didn't apologize or take it off the check...but I was happy to at least see what appeared to be genuine involvement with vague promises of changing the salad. Don't get me wrong it was good...but not great. I came back in 3 days later...wanting a salad for lunch...and this is when I became a regular for life at Red Oak. The manager didn't just listen to my suggestions at the last visit to brush us off...the suggestions I made are now part of the freakin menu. This restaurant...and I've seen it in how they build their wine and beer list too...actually listens to AND acts upon guest input. This should be #1 in every business's play book...BTW the new salad is fantastic! Thank you for listening Red Oak Bistro!

2 Thank Lovelocaleats

virginia
“Nice !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Loved this new place. Very well thought out in set up and decor. Limited menu with very fresh items , worth the visit. Love the pickles ! Good beer, Really cold on tap. I'm going back.

Swan Point, Maryland
“Need for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My daughter and I stopped for lunch because it recently opened their doors. While our lunch was good, in fact the cream of crab soup is one of the best I have tasted and our sandwich was okay, one of the serve staff was sweeping the floor with a broom. I told her she should not be doing that while people were eating and she pointed to the bar and made a comment that the girl at the bar was making her sweep and kept on sweeping. In the sunlight you could see the dust whirling around. I won't go back.

1 Thank Patricia488
DC
“Nicest spot in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Attractive space, good and earnest service. Mneu has a bit of something for everyone. Good selection of beer on tap, cocktails and even some wine.

Waldorf, Md
“Great food, cocktails, wine, craft beers, & atmosphere in La Plata”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Red Oak provides a great vibe, cocktails, beer, wine, and food. The lighting and interior are warm and comfortable - some might even say sexy. Seven draft beer, four draft wines (yes, draft wines), outstanding artisan cocktails, and great food make for a good time. Friendly staff makes you feel welcome and the music compliments the atmosphere. Full disclosure - I'm the owner, but I'm only repeating what my customers tell me. Don't take my word for it, come see for yourself. Oh, yes, nice private room for 30 is a great place for group functions and is available.

• Visited March 2014