“A great restaurant.”
Review of Galazio Restaurant

Galazio Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galazio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a casual fine dining restaurant with a full bar specializing in Mediterranean and regional cuisine in the Southern Maryland area.
La Plata, MD
“A great restaurant.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Located beside a liquor store in a strip mall (which is actually hidden behind another strip mall) one would not expect to find such a gem of a restaurant. Every town needs a restaurant (or two) like this. Wonderful and cozy atmosphere with excellent service and authentic food... Not a chain, family run, large dining room. It is perfect for a relaxing night out with family and/or friends. Everything we have had there (hummus, greek salad, pastitsio, moussaka, souvlaki) has been delicious. I always want to try something new but can never steer away from the choices that I like so much. Full bar. Delicious Greek wine as well...and if youve never had greek wine, they will be happy to give you a taste test.

The prices are good.. More comparable to a good restaurant up in Alexandria... But without the drive. It's very reasonable for my husband and me although I'm not sure we would have been able to frequent it when our three kids were at home.

Ouzos also has a smaller dining room which is open for lunch, with overflow into the larger dining room if necessary. There are plenty of Greek favorites on the lunch menu as well as their delicious brick oven pizza. The pizza is a favorite of our grown kids... It is absolutely delicious and certainly some of the best pizza I have ever had.

As stated earlier, ouzos is a gem of a restaurant and we are so lucky to have it located here in our backyard.

• Visited September 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly superb Greek food in S MD”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We eat Greek as often as possible and travel to Greece yearly. We did not expect to find exceptional authentic Greek food in S MD.

The Gressis family are warm, gracious, friendly hosts and excellent cooks. Portions r gigantic. We especially recommend the Greek salad, moussaka, & pastitsio. Mina's avgolemono soup (chicken & rice) & the galactoburiko (philo-wrapped custard topped w cinnamon & honey) r incomparable.

It's good enough to warrant a trip frm DC!

The same family also has pizza restaurants in Waldorf & Indian Head, MD; we've had the pizza at Ouzo's, & it's great, so I'm guessing that it's equally good at their 2 newer places as well.

1 Thank drrobinhh
Centralia, Potomia
“Another "every neighborhhod needs one" restaurant.”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wife and I were out shopping and thought we would dine at a favorite Greek restaurant we'd not visited in a while. When we got there, the restaurant had been replaced by a house of worship. We asked a local busnessman if he knew of a good Greek restaurant and he directed us to Ouzo's in La Plata,, Maryland, describing it as pretty good. He was wrong. When we got there -- the restaurant is located in a "typical" and not attractive strip mall -- we were a little disappointed but went inside anyway. We found ourselves in a large, attractive and homey dining room with an adjoining pizza parlor (more on that later). The aromas were wonderful, the diniing crowd a nice mix, including many with small children, and the service immediate, attentive, and good humored. And the food? Exceptional, rivaling the best Greek restaurants in NYC (and at half the price). The menu is extensive and has all the standard Greek favorites. I enjoyed excellent mossaka and wife had delicious lamb. The food was so good and well prepared that we came back two days later to try the pizza parlor side of the house and were treated to the best pizza. with a definite Greek character (though prepared and served by Salvadorenos), I have had in years. Pepared in a wood-fired brick oven, the pizza chef shared with us that he uses beer to make the pizza dough, the final product very light, slightly chewy, and thoroughly delicious base for the slightly cooked vegetables and the delcious cheese and sausage. Yes, we will definitely go back. This place is a keeper even though about a 30-mile drive from our house.

• Visited April 2012
Fredericksburg VA
“Good food and Great Service!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I went here for date night. I like this place because its easy to get too and plenty of parking. The staff are wonderful and they make you feel like they REALLY appreciate your business. They have a extensive menu to choose from and its all really good. We had a glass of wine while waiting. It was the first time I had ever had Greek wine so they let me taste it before ordering a glass. The food was great but maybe a bit to salty. (Not enough to ruin the food, but I don't cook with a lot of salt so it could just have been us) We had more food then we knew what to do with it so the portions are large. We rounded off the night with some Baklava.. It was hard to choose from the homemade peppermint cheese cake and the Baklava but we didn't regret the choice. I loved the flavor of the cloves. So we had a very great evening. The prices were kind of high so this place would be an excellent date night . We have taken our children there and they enjoyed the food and the staff was wonderful to them.

• Visited March 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely love this place - great Greek food!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Ouzo's is my absolute favorite local restaurant. My husband and I go there often when we are looking for a date night and don't want to drive to DC or Annapolis. The food is always amazing. Never once have we been disappointed and we've ordered a variety of things on the menu! Don't let the strip mall exterior fool you. It's a wonderful, romantic spot that's well worth going to any chance you get.

• Visited February 2012