“Best kept secret”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a tea party for my 8 year old niece here. We had a blast and the staff was wonderful. I love the look of the establishment and appreciated how they were able to alter the princess tea on the menu to my niece and her friends liking. We have visited many times and enjoy going to have tea during holidays like Mother's Day and Christmas. The food is yummy as well!

1 Thank R H

Indian Head, Maryland
“crab cake”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

the crab cake was delicious and so was the crab soup

service was very good ,made a few errors however that is expected.

food took A long time

but that is normal on a busy day

i would definitely recommend

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank brittany c c
Bel Alton, Maryland
“Good for La Plata”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The review title was my wife's comment, and she would consider it praise. I an stingy in offering 4 stars for restaurants, but would have provided for this place except for one thing, mentioned below. Appetizer of fried pickles and cream of crab soup were both very good. Excellent breading on the pickles. My Reuben sandwich was also very good, packed with corned beef. While I customarily only finish only half a deli sandwich, I felt compelled to eat all of this Reuben. My wife and daughter each had the roast beef sandwich. Each was piled with enough roast beef for three people( there were carry-outs). The roast beef was flavorful and tender, very well done. While the beef was not dry, when eaten on a French roll it would have been "very good" instead of just "good" if it had been served "au jus." The restaurant, formerly an old home, was nicely decorated, the ambience quiet, and the service very good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank phd842
La Plata, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place in town for lunch!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love everything about this place. Food is always wonderful! They have the best cream of crab soup ever. Just a darling quaint place, and I always have a great time there. Such an asset for La Plata.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Karen T
Winslow, Arkansas
“Sit back and enjoy”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to find a nice place for my daughter's baby shower. We rented the Royalty Tea Room this May and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service was fast and courteous.

• Visited May 2014