“Superb Tea Time”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2011

There were several choices of scones and soups. No request had to be made for more lemon curds, homemade constant comment jelly and homemade clotted cream. There is enough for two scones. A+ the bottomless pot of tea, try as many as you like, each pot steeped to perfection. And NO paper napkins! Chef Betty, has so many wonderful ideas about the menu and upcoming events. Small changes will make a BIG difference. There are still kinks to iron out but given time this will be a tea room that reservations will be coveted. I did not go home feeling hungry. The food was sufficient and it was tasty but most important HOMEMADE. Thanks Chef Betty and Staff!

3  Thank tea16

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Located in the lower level of a two-story Victorian house. Upstairs (and part of lower level) are dedicated to antique sales and tea accessories. Menu offers lunch selections (sandwiches & soups, salads & wraps, etc.) but the real reason to visit is the afternoon tea (must have 24 hours notice for preparation). Afternoon tea offers fun assortment of finger sandwiches, fruit, scones & pastries, in addition to a pot of tea. Owner regularly offers holiday specials (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). Also, a great treat for a girl's birthday party, with themed selections.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Had my daughters 7th birthday there in the form of a princess tea party after I located this place online. Needless to say, we were all impressed. We had a total of 14 children and 9 adults. Can't say enough about the staff and the service which were both excellent. We were especially impressed by the food presentation. The food was served on 3-tier dishes with finger sandwiches on the first 2 tiers and deserts on the third tier. The birthday girl was given her own smaller version. The only thing I would do differently is to request less pb&j sandwhiches due to allergies.

As for the adults, only 4 of us had lunch there and we all ordered the crab cake sandwhich which I though was good. Not as good as Jerrys seafood, but then again Jerrys is in a league of its own for crab cakes. The Royal Tea Room has a limited menu.

My wife so enjoyed herself, she is planning a girls luncheon at the Royal tea Room in the near future. All in all, we all highly recommend the Royal Tea Room.

2  Thank mdcruzer
Reviewed May 17, 2010

It's been a few months since I last dined at The Royal Tea Room so we (a party of four) decided to go there for lunch yesterday. Needless to say our visit there was exceptional. We had a wonderful, leisurely lunch and the food, service and atmosphere couldn't have been better. I love this place and Dee and her staff makes you feel right at home. Five Stars to The Royal Tea Room!!!!

Frank

2  Thank frankpila
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This tea house is cozy and inviting. The upstairs is also an antique shop full of neat stuff, much to do with entertaining. I found a great Haviland china tureen at a decent price.
The tea served here is Harney and Sons which is a good tea company -- all loose teas.
I had the wedding tea and it was delicious. The scones were very good. I also had quiche which was ok, but not great. But they seem to be getting the basics right.
I would definitely go back here, maybe for high tea (you need reservations for high tea, but not for lunch).
There was a brunch going on and it seemed like a good place for a bridal shower, baby shower, or birthday.
I especially like getting to pick my own tea cup.

1  Thank disheveled7