“Cute place with good food”
Review of Two Pears Cafe - CLOSED

Two Pears Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here for dinner the first time a month or two ago. It's a cute family-run restaurant with a large outdoor patio. The food was great, the prices were reasonable, and the whole staff was very friendly. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband had the chicken noodle soup and raved about how good it tasted. When I asked if it was possible to have the hot dog with peppers and no onions, the waitress said the cook would sauté a separate batch of just peppers. We told the waitress we were going to a show and did not have a lot of time for lunch, she obliged with our orders in a very timely fashion. Loved the cute décor inside. Would definitely return if we lived closer to the café.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a very cute, small place that is off the beaten path. The food was excellent, but the service was very slow. There seemed to be only one cook and one server. The menu is pricey, so if you want to go here visit restaurant.com and purchase a gift certificate.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very small and unpretentious, but very big on taste! Service was very good however be prepared to wait a bit- food is made to order. The prices are a little on the high side but they are on restaurant.com. We had a certificate for $15.00 off of 25.00. We didn't realize the gratuity was included and handed our server a tip. However he told us the tip was already included- very honest of him! So we let keep the extra few bucks. If your in or around Kensington , stop in for a bite its worth seeking out!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was hopeful that I could go this place under the new administration and write an outstanding review, but I can't. After all, 2 years ago we did consider this charming little restaurant for our wedding reception..

Upon arrival on a Saturday morning (we were the only patrons there) we were promptly seated with our menus and were quickly dispensed the coffee pricing policy (which I can't quite understand yet, but went something like one price for the whole table for the first serving, and then $2.50 per refill, or something like that..) When I first placed my order, I added fresh fruit to my dish as a side: the waiter waiter took it to later come back to explain that the option was to add fruits to my pancakes...

The breakfast menu pricing was about $8-10 per entree, which is just about 10-20% above for similar fare in the area, with nothing extraordinary that will go with. Food took forever to get to the table and it came in two trips with a delay between them. My buttermilk pancakes were mediocre at best, and my bacon arrived cold. The friend that came with me had the Belgian waffle, and had the same opinion about his meal.

I am hopeful that they can change for the best, and quickly. I want this place to work, but right now, it is not. For some other reasons, I am suspicious that they are not doing well and might go under soon.