“Started off nice, went downhill quickly”

Baldwin's Crab House
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Joppa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Met here for dinner on a friday evening with family from out of town. Waitress was very friendly. Drinks arrived promptly then things went down the crapper after that. Food was okay, not worth the prices they were charging. I had the crabcake meal which consisted literally of a crabcake and potatoe chips priced at $14. I ordered a side of vegetables which never came (but was conveniently charged on our check). Our waitress never came back to give our table refills which by that point just about everyone at the table was out of a drink. When we were able to get our waitress's attention, it took about 10-15 minutes for us to get whatever we had asked for. At the end of dinner, we asked her why we had received such poor service and her excuse was that two people had called out that evening so she was working twice as many tables. Okay, that's understandable but would it really have hurt to tell us that from the beginning? Unfortunately this is not a place that we will be visiting again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

What a nice brunch and you can't beat the price. Everything on the buffet was good and fresh. The service was excellent.

3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Family went for fathers Day and were impressed with how pretty the restaurant looked and the whole rustic maritime ambiance. The food however was not as impressive and although it was not busy it seemed our server was more interested in her other 3 top. Our family of 11 felt neglected.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just had the Baldwin's Sunday Brunch Buffet for the first time. I will absolutely go again. The quality and variety of the relatively small buffet (compared to, say, a place like Golden Corral) was outstanding. They featured all the standard breakfast fare: eggs, small omelets, french toast, bacon, sausage, toast, biscuits, creamed chipped beef. In addition, they had sliced ham, roast beet that had not been cooked to death, fruit, pastries, tossed salad, fresh fruit, rolls and probably a few more things that I can't recall. The price was 9.95. I didn't pay, so I'm not sure if the beverage was included. My food was delicious, the wait staff was constantly monitoring the offerings on the buffet and it was not shut down or neglected near the 2 PM close of the buffet. I haven't been to the competing buffet farther down the road, but I'm told this one is better and less expensive, I will have to compare, The buffet runs from 9 to 2 I think.

5  Thank Vinnygret
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Baldwin's was right off the highway, easy to find, and had great food. Their deep fryer was not working when we were there. The crab cakes were wonderful - very crabby with only a bit of breadcrumbs holding them together! A very good stop for some good Maryland food1