“Not an average room” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
“Not an average room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Once in room we noticed cigarette hole in bed spread. When we tried to close bathroom door the metal molding on the carpet was bent up off floor so much door wouldn't close. Only ice machine in 3 story motel was next to office on 1st floor. No coffee machine.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked my stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia, MD location on line, I was apprehensive at first because I have heard such horror stories. But I gave it a shot ... and boy was I on the money!! My reason was due to relocation to MD from Nashville, TN and needed a temporary place until my house was complete for move in..We stayed for 6 weeks !!!!. I nor my spouse can say anything negative about our stay!!..... The staff ( all of the maids, maintenance, well just let me say the entire staff day and night ), were friendly, helpful and so accommodating to our every need, anything extra we needed was provided. We were always greeted with a smile!!!
The room was spacious and clean, it was non smoking and it DID NOT smell like an ashtray !!! plenty of lighting and the linens were fresh and very clean. We had a King bed and it was very comfortable and the pillows were new and firm not stained or out of shape. The TV was a bit outdated but it served it's purpose. Free HBO !!
I had a Fridge and Micro in my room, had plenty of work space and the Internet was FREE a plus in my book!!!

Ms. R. Boulhassane has a wonderful staff working in her hotel and I would stay here again if the need were to arise, I would recommend the facility to anyone visiting or staying in the Baltimore area, the location is easily accessible to the I- 95 corridor, there are plenty of nearby attractions and restaurants including Dave's Diner right next door. The Columbia Mall is also nearby, all in all, a great location.

Kudos to Red Roof Inn,
Mr and Mrs Velez-Lorenzo

Room Tip: Back rooms are non smoking and no traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nai9865
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Very good location for work reasons getting back and forth in the Balt/ Wash DC area. RRI is a standard class hotel, but the one bed and work desk was perfectly functional for my needs. Easy in and out to the freeway. Great service by the front desk attendants. Cleaning staff was very good too. Hotel is old and showing wear, but a good value overall

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank IllinoisHj21
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your response, We look forward to you returning and hope that we will be able to better serve you on your next stay with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This Red Roof is convenient to I-95, Baltimore/DC expressway, US1 and military/DOD locations, We needed a place untilour new home was ready and this suited our needs well. Close to several reasonable restaurants and a washer dryer on site. The fridge/microwave worked really well for a hotel. Rooms were clean but hotel is a bit older and not fancy.

Room Tip: 5 day rates are a great value.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I would like to take the time to thank you for your response about our property, We look forward to your return and hope you remain a customer of ours, so that you may see some of the great changes we will be making in the up coming year.

Thanks for you remarks,
Wooster, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel, or perhaps I should say motel as the doors to the rooms are all on exterior hallways, was ok to sleep. It isn't the best neighborhood and quite often there were empty beer bottles in the walkways and stairways. The ladies at the front desk seemed annoyed at our presence and were rude when we had to "disturb" them yet again bc there was no power to our room. The room itself was semi clean, as the sheets had stains and the fridge did not look to have been cleaned out after the last guest left. Would not stay again, this hotel makes me realize you get what you pay for!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
Bensalem, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night on August 28, 2011 on our way to Baltimore. This was a last minute decision as the hotel we were going to stay in had lost power an hour before we arrived and we were told it would not be back for 1 to 1.5 days. So we decided to bail.

We should have gotten the superior room, an upgrade above the room we stayed in. Our room was just a little too small. We could have used the extra space. Regardless, it served its purpose--we had a comfortable nights sleep and we got on our merry way the following morning. I also must add that the room was very clean, mattress, bathroom and all. Customer service was great and friendly. A little disappointed they did not serve breakfast. Overall, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend 23rd-24th and was pleasantly by the cleanliness of the room, the helpful and professional front desk agents....... The next time i'm in town this is were i'll be!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
4.0 of 5 stars 62 reviews
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!