“Do not stay.”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Montgomery, Alabama
“Do not stay.”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn and were very disappointed. We had a nonsmoking room but it reeked of cigarette smoke. The tub was not clean, fixtures in the tub needed repair, mold on the top of the tub. The carpet was not clean and had a gross stain. They offered breakfast but all I wanted to do was check out as soon as possible. When we got to the check out desk we saw what they called a breakfast. There was hardly anything to eat at 7:00 am. There was no one at the front desk, had to wait on worker. When he arrived he acted like he was not sure how to check us out. Industrial area. Looked out the window and there was a car repair shop as a view. Do not stay.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel that has a no smoking policy for the entire hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
K P, Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear sir/ Madam,

I'm concerned about the list of problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Maulik Patel
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We needed 2 beds so we had no choices booking with Choice Hotels at $89 + taxes while many other guest did book with Priceline for $55 or less without bed or room options...

Kind of pricey hotel but was sold out so I guess many Priceline people stayed over that night!!!

Staff was very helpful, very courteous...

Very nice room with fridge microwave, flat screen tv, high speed wifi Internet...

Comfy bed and all...

Breakfast was kind of blah like usual so went somewhere else...

Wish Choice could offer best price to their valuable members instead of only giving deals to Priceline or Hotwire!!

• Stayed May 2014
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had training in that area and by looking buliding from outside I did not expect much but after checking the lobby and staff told me about hot breakfast and fitness room and rest of the amenities I was amazed and room was great woth new bedding.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Chemical smells in a dirty room,water smells, dim room lightening, rude noontime front desk. I stayed here because my wallet needed a break from my every weekend travel expense for grad school, so I had prepaid for 2 nights to have some quiet study time before class. I was delayed leaving due to icy mountain conditions where I was coming from, so could not leave until the next morning. 5 hours on the road to be met by a rude noontime front desk on 2/22/14. When I tried to explain what had happened I was met with a rolling of the eyes and being told You no-showed so the reservation was cancelled." I prepaid -- the money was already taken out by hotels.com. Long story short, after telling her numerous times that I had prepaid and her insisting that the payment virtual card from hotels.com was no longer valid, rather than simply checking me in with the receipt I had, she kept me waiting for another hour until she was told by the hotels.com rep that yes, the payment was still valid and just check me in and apply payment. This was after telling the Hotels.com rep that i no showed last and was just now getting around to checking in. I physically could not off if my iced over mountain road in northeastern PA. I travel to Maryland every weekend and stay in hotels every weekend. Then i get into a smelly, dirty, stark room with smelly water and an uncomfortable bed. I will definitely spend the extra bucks and upgrade to where I usually stay and cross this place off my list.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
K P, General Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, February 25, 2014

G.M
Mercer County NJ
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stay in motels all the time, all over the US, many of them Comfort Inns. This was among the more expensive for this trip and definitely the worst. The bathroom was fine, but the corridors and rooms are seriously dated. The blanket in our room was ratty, the carpet had a deep burn from an errant hot iron, and the mirror on the closet door was chipped and cracked. The Wifi did not work, and after one hour of frustration and multiple trips to the front desk, the clerk was at a loss himself. So he gave me the phone number for ME to call the techie from their service provider! When I returned to my room in despair, the room key did not work. Over one hour wasted at the end of a 1,000 mile drive. Stay elsewhere in the area and get better quality, probably for less money.

Room Tip: Any room not in this hotel would be a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
K P, General Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our on line survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate and value your feed back and will share it with our team. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feed back to make improvements for the next guest in the future.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Sincerly,

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2014

To start, they charged our debit card instead of the corporate lodging card they were supposed to charge the room to. Found that out upon waking up the next morning. Had to wait a day to get that money back (2 nights charged). The room definitely had cleanliness and general upkeep issues. There were random hairs around the bathroom obviously from previous guests. The bathroom is very small anyway. You can hardly walk in and close the door. The door while open almost touches the toilet. You can hear people talking in the hallways. It's almost like there isn't a door, the way you can hear every conversation going on out there. The room was smaller than most places. The furniture had a lot of wear and tears. Patches were on some of the walls. It just seemed pretty run-down. I was glad to see the breakfast, but the eggs had a very bad smell/taste and the fruit loops cereal were obviously some very generic brand. This isn't somewhere I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
K P, General Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I do apologize that your card was swipe by accident, the employee was talked about it. The issues on the room i am sorry, if you give us a second chance and return. I would like to assign you the room. Also, on your breakfast experience I am sorry that it was not bought to breakfast person attention, some could have been done right away. On the behalf of my staff we are asking for you to give us another chance when you are int he area. Please call me direct. I am the General Manager of the property.

410-880-3133
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at this property because it was close to the location of my photo shoot. I am a travelling model and I must say that their front desk was very helpful compared to the other hotels I've stayed at in the past. They help me with directions, near by restaurants, and Baltimore's hottest night life. There breakfast was nice and their attendant was nice as well. The bed was well made and the very very comfortable. Although I stayed her by myself the next time I've going to come with my friends and family. I really enjoyed myself.

Room Tip: Upper level has less noise. Stay away from ice machine and rooms close to stairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

K P, Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. If come to this area again please stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 17 in Laurel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Quality Inn near Ft Meade? Share your experiences!