“Not a hotel i would recommend.”

Quality Inn near Ft Meade
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Reviewed January 31, 2014

To start, they charged our debit card instead of the corporate lodging card they were supposed to charge the room to. Found that out upon waking up the next morning. Had to wait a day to get that money back (2 nights charged). The room definitely had cleanliness and general upkeep issues. There were random hairs around the bathroom obviously from previous guests. The bathroom is very small anyway. You can hardly walk in and close the door. The door while open almost touches the toilet. You can hear people talking in the hallways. It's almost like there isn't a door, the way you can hear every conversation going on out there. The room was smaller than most places. The furniture had a lot of wear and tears. Patches were on some of the walls. It just seemed pretty run-down. I was glad to see the breakfast, but the eggs had a very bad smell/taste and the fruit loops cereal were obviously some very generic brand. This isn't somewhere I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
K P, General Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

I do apologize that your card was swipe by accident, the employee was talked about it. The issues on the room i am sorry, if you give us a second chance and return. I would like to assign you the room. Also, on your breakfast experience I am sorry that it was not bought to breakfast person attention, some could have been done right away. On the behalf of my staff we are asking for you to give us another chance when you are int he area. Please call me direct. I am the General Manager of the property.

Khushi Patel
410-880-3133

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn near Ft Meade

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at this property because it was close to the location of my photo shoot. I am a travelling model and I must say that their front desk was very helpful compared to the other hotels I've stayed at in the past. They help me with directions, near by restaurants, and Baltimore's hottest night life. There breakfast was nice and their attendant was nice as well. The bed was well made and the very very comfortable. Although I stayed her by myself the next time I've going to come with my friends and family. I really enjoyed myself.

Room Tip: Upper level has less noise. Stay away from ice machine and rooms close to stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
K P, Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. If come to this area again please stay with us again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Comfort Inn in Laurel, MD...Asked for a non-smoking room. The room was non-smoking but stunk from cigarette smoke. The bathroom was very bad smelling. Couldn’t sleep.

There were people roaming my floor and the parking lot. I did not feel safe there.

During the night at around 1 AM there was a disturbance in the rear parking lot, outside my window. A woman was being roughed up by men in two cars. It may have been her boyfriend...she was yelling for at least 15 minutes.

There was NO SECURITY ANYWHERE present....IT WAS A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the property for the first time in November. I sometimes work late in the area and decided to stop by. When I first approached the hotel the Comfort Inn looked smaller then others I have stayed at. Front desk check in process went smooth, got to my room and turned on all lights, heater and TV. Everything was in working order, I was happy with the condition of furniture, could use newer carpets, but still was clean. Nice soft bed, enjoyed my night and would be back here on my next visit

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate and value your feed back and will share it with our team. When you come back in the area, please stay with us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a decent motel and you get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and decent, although the decor appears to be worn and somewhat old. I spent 3 nights at this motel and found it to be better than most I had been to lately. Breakfast was okay and there's lots of places to eat mostly within walking distance but, It is located on a busy highway and right next to an exit. Not too far from the historic Savage Mill, maybe a 5-10 minute drive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

As an active duty Marine aviator, I have stayed at my fair share of hotels around the world. For the price, I can honestly say this is the worst hotel for the price that I have ever stayed in.

The room was small, dirty, and had a cheap motel smell to it - all standard for this type of hotel. What made the experience memorable - I had returned home from deployment and was bringing my new family (7 month old daughter) back to my duty station from their hometown. I called the hotel as soon as I got off of I-95 and booked a room. When I got there 5 minutes later, the front desk person was nowhere to be found for approximately 25 minutes. When she did arrive, she refused to give me a military discount because she said that I had already made the reservation and she couldn't change it. #1 and 2 bad taste in my mouth. She could not figure out the roll away crib so I went into the storage room to retrieve it myself. She then gave us a room next to a contractor that had approximately 7-8 other people sitting outside on his pickup truck drinking beer and otherwise being loud - again, I had a newborn baby on her second road trip - again, generally poor service.

The next morning, I spoke with the General Manager who was at the desk for checkout. I asked if I had received a military discount - knowing full well that I did not. The manager proceeded to lie directly to my face - after some pointed questions in which she made up more lies directly to my face - I decided it was not the effort and that I would take the time to write a detailed review on the place. As a Marine, if there is something that I can not stand, it is people that are dishonest and lack integrity. Overall, not-military friendly, dirty, cheap room. I only picked this hotel because I had my dog with me as well - and was bumping up against I-95 rush hour traffic with a newborn ready for bed.

Small, dirty, cheap motel - worst of all - the management and desk employees were unprofessional, unaccommodating, and, worst of all, liars.

DO NOT STAY HERE - I AM FILING AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT WITH CORPORATE

Semper Fidelis

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnFTMH, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff for your poor experience at our hotel. We strive to make our guests stay as pleasant and hassle free as possible. We have investigated this review and have taken steps to re-train our staff on customer service so an incident like this does not occur again. Once more, I apologize for your experience. If you are in the area gain we would like to provide you with an improved experience at our facility.

Management

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Business close to the hotel was noisy and woke me at 7am. The hotel is on a one way highway and requires some complicated turns to get back to the shopping areas The room was large and spacious but the bathroom was small. The breakfast was quite tasty and fresh. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 16 in Laurel
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Quality Inn near Ft Meade? Share your experiences!