New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
U.S.A.
“For the dogs!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

We travel frequently along the East Coast with our very well-behaved pooch and we generally seek out Comfort Inns, mostly because they are usually dog-friendly and well located. This Comfort Inn was a disappointment. The room was tiny, the beds were small, the bathroom was minuscule, and the furnishings were sub-standard, especially the noisy small refrigerator that we unplugged so we could get some sleep. The cleanliness would have been satisfactory, were it not for the large but dead insect on its back inside the entry. The real bummer, though was the location: in the midst of warehouses and automobile body shops. Our room was located at the back of the motel facing derelict cars and rusting machinery. On the plus side, breakfast was OK, and the TV and Internet worked.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed here with my family when our house was without power due to a hurricane. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful throughout the entire stay. They had recently renovated, new flat screen TVs and an exercise room, which I found to be a great surprise. They have a hot breakfast and waffle maker which my kids really loved!
I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Winnsboro, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Don't use this hotel. Was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. First room the ac didnt work so they had to move me to another room. I prepaid for one type of room and had to settle for a different kind of room. By the time I got into 2nd room it was close to 12. The trash from the people before me was still in the room as well as part of their pizza. The bathroom floor atill had the towels from the previous guest. The worst part was the bed wasn't even made. I finally just pulled up the comforter and slept on top of that. Will never stay in this hotel and would recommend it to nobody. You pay good money for a place like this and sure don't expect a room like this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
ComfortInnFTMH, Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you had problems while you stayed with us. After seeing your feed back we did take a look in this problem and we have tried to resolved. If you come in the area again give a chance to provide a service.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

They need to stop enticing people with the pictures on their website. Even though the hotel is clean, it's old fashion and needs an upgrade. Upgrade meaning flooring,carpeting and bed linens. I was in a non smoking room and my bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it. Like wow,maid staffing doesn't give a rats butt as to how they place the linens. The room smelled stale. The a/c is loud and the bathroom,even though clean was dull and loud. BUT there are plusses. The front desk staff was nice, courteous and open to feedback. The front door to lobby locks after a certain time, so that provides some security into the hotel. Breakfast was more than bagels, they had sausage and eggs waffles etc. It's near shopping areas (walmart etc) TIP: get a room with a microwave and re-fridge. Advise: if you're staying more than one night, bypass this one.

Room Tip: non smoking rm with no pets
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

The property is very clean and the hotel has been renovated newly and got good upgrades in the room with a king size bed. we enjoyed our stay at this hotel excellent staff service and very good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
odenton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night because of repairs being done to my house. The clerk who helped us when we checked in was very nice, but the clerk that helped during the checked out was rude. I told her that we had ants in the bathroom all over, and she acted like nothing happened. She even changed the channel that we were watching when we were having breakfast. Also, the refrigerator was making a terrible noise and I could not sleep. I recommend different hotel if you want to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnFTMH, Manager at Quality Inn near Ft Meade, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

Friend of mine got married and we didn't want to be driving home. Booked the Comfort Inn as it was only a 2 minute cab ride and it was half the price (only $80) of the Marriott that was the "host" hotel. Comfort Inn's typically are the best of the Choice family (that doesn't say much)...not this one.

I'll start with the good as it's a short list. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We checked in before the reception and needed a cab quickly as we were running a little behind. The local cab company informed us it would be 35 minutes before they could pick up. We informed the front desk and they had a ride for us within 5 minutes. Very pleasant and helpful. Another plus was the fridge and microwave equiped room. That's about it.

When we arrived, the room had a musty odor to it. We were in a hurry and we were only there for a night (and most of the night we'd be out) so we did not pursue. The next morning we arose and noticed that all around the bathroom and the bed next to it, the carpet was soaked. Seems there is a leaky pipe somewhere. Gross.

I believe I was supposed to have two Queen beds. We have a Queen at our home. These were not Queen size beds. Doubles at best.

The breakfast was bad (other than the waffle machine which is always good). My wife decided on some not so fresh fruit.

Overall a poor choice to stay here. The hotel needs a major renovation. I must admit I was rather innebriated when I returned to my room. May have been the only reason I got any sleep in this room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Quality Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade

Been to Quality Inn near Ft Meade? Share your experiences!