“I was surprised with how nice it was” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup

Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Salisbury, Maryland
“I was surprised with how nice it was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had to see my son off to the Army and this is where the recruiters were staying so we decided to stay here as well. I was very presently surprised with how nice and clean it was. We were a 5-10 minute drive from everywhere we wanted to be. Very nice place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at your hotel from Aug 08 through Aug 10th. The hotel was booked solid. However, it was a bit noise during the wee hours of the morning, but you can expect that on these theme weekend parties. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff very warm and friendly. They answered our questions and concerns and went out of their call of duty to assist us in anyway the could. I will definitely be back with my family just for the relaxation and hospitality that the staff offers. Keep up the good work. P.S. the rooms are very cozy and inviting...

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel while he ski weekends and Crabfeast guest are in town. Too Noisey....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General_Manager20794, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience. We appreciate your wonderful feedback on the staff and service. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to serving you again in the future.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We really enjoyed our one night stay here from the first moment we walked in. The newly renovated lobby was very aesthetically pleasing. Lynn did an excellent job welcoming us upon arrival. I really appreciate it.

Once we arrived at our room, we were very happy with the accommodations and the size of the room. Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General_Manager20794, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The entire team here at the Holiday Inn Columbia was delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We appreciated your kind comments about the renovation and Lynn at the desk. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked this hotel because they claimed to offer shuttle service to and from the Merriweather Post Pavilion (the entire reason for my hotel stay). On the Merriweather Post Pavilion website the hotel ad says:

"Holiday Inn Columbia East-Jessup is please to offer shuttle service to and from Merriweather Post Pavilion for the 2014 concert and event series. Transportation schedule is based upon the specific concert or event and will run on the hour. Please contact our front desk to reserve shuttle times, availability is limited and not guaranteed."

This is the only reason I chose to stay at this hotel. I normally use Priceline or Hotwire when choosing hotels, however because I like Holiday Inn's and the fact that they offered transportation to and from the concert venue I choose to book directly with the hotel and pay the full 116.00 rate. I could have booked a similar category hotel for 60-70$ on hotwire. As soon as we checked in I said that we would like to sign up for the shuttle to the Merriweather Post Pavilion. The front desk said that there was no shuttle scheduled that day, and even when they do shuttles to Merriweather they only drop off and do not pick up because the shuttle driver does not stay that late. They claim that the fact that "availability is limited and not guaranteed" means they don't have to have a shuttle at all. A total cop-out! What a bait and switch if you ask me. I told the clerk the entire reason I booked with this hotel is because they advertised on the concert venue's website and offered a "special rate". Indeed my folio says under company: Merriweather Post Pavilion, so they knew I was coming for a concert!! I was told they would speak to the manager and see what they could do in way of reimbursement. I then showed the front desk the very ad from their hotel on Merriweather's website and she made notes (I'm assuming so they would correct the information). I have a degree in Travel & Tourism, and work in the industry. If this hotel wants to court people attending concerts in the area by saying they have a shuttle for the entire 2014 concert series and a special rate for concert-goers they should live up to their sales pitch, which they clearly did not. They need to revise their ad on the Merriweather Post Pavilion website, and eliminate any reference to offering a shuttle "To and from" the venue.

In the hotel's defense:
This hotel is a 15$-20$ cab ride from Merriweather Post Pavilion. The staff were nice. The hotel has been remodeled and is clean and very nice. My poor rating is because I booked it solely based on the pitch of a free shuttle both to and from the venue. I could have gotten a cheaper hotel room elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear M S,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are so pleased you liked the cleanliness of our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and and inconvenience you may have encountered that fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Suffern ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Overnight for a local concert. They advertise a shuttle service to merriweather pavilion but unfortunately it was not running the night we went. No worries, the concert hall was only about 15 mins drive and had ample parking. Hotel was clean. Front desk staff helpful and nice. Lemon water available in lobby. They serve a nice breakfast buffet for $13. Includes omelet station and waffles. We had a 2 room suite because it was only a little but more $. Was great! Bedroom and separate seating room to watch television, a mini fridge, microwave and 2 bathrooms! We would def go back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Songej
Groove City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The purpose of my trip was business/family time. Business for my daughter who was joining the Air Force (I salute her) and family time for me and my husband to be there to support her. When you first walk in the hotel the front desk, restaurant, mini bar, etc. is there to greet you. Really nice set-up. Check-in was painless. The rooms were nice, clean, roomy - overall great room. We received two breakfast tickets because my husband had a discount card.

Breakfast is on time meaning if they said they are closing down at ten o' clock you better believe that they are starting to shut down at ten. We arrived at five minutes till ten and they let us grab something to eat, which was really nice of them. The food was okay, nothing to brag about, they probably had more to offer if we got there a little earlier (i am not sure).

If I am in that area again, I would stay at this hotel.

Oh one more thing - I love the set-up that they have for the doors instead of the sign hanging saying do not disturb they have buttons you can push and they even have a door bell. Loved it!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Above average for cleanliness and service. Lobby and common areas are new looking. Breakfast is extensive including cooked to order omelets, many meats, fruit, waffles and pancakes etc.

Good right off the highway location. It is basically in and industrial/truck stop area. Ther is a burger king, diner and Mexican restaurant within two blocks walking distance. Shopping center with a dollar store, grocery, liquor store etc. across the street.

Room Tip: Stay on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!