“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel - the gentleman that checked me in at the front desk was very helpful and nice - it was late in the evening and I was tired after travelling all day and he just took care of me. The hotel is convenient, clean, updated, reasonably priced. The only issue that I had (which is no fault of the hotel's) is that I did not get my IHG points for my stay. I've sent an email to customer service about a month ago and they haven't responded. But like I said, not this hotel's fault and I would come back if I am in the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

A short drive from BWI, this hotel is clean and comfortable. Right off 95.
With no traffic, we were in DC in 35 minutes. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Nice fitness room and free internet. Very reasonably priced alternative to the downtown hotels.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank John S
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Pleasant hotel with updated interior. Food and Beverage was ok. Room was nice except for pillows, I travel quite a bit and this one left me with a stiff neck. The other issue was with entering the hotel. Only one entrance from one direction unless you cut thru the gas station next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a function that was taking place in the ballroom. Check-in was relatively easy, the room was spacious and the bedding/my sleep was perfect! I heard a couple of thuds coming from the room upstairs and was worried that I would be unable to sleep during the night. This was not the case and I had a good night's sleep. It was also nice that someone from the front desk called to ask if everything was O.K. The next morning there was a nice selection for breakfast (fresh fruits, milk, juices, coffee, tea, bagel, toast, hash brown, bacon, eggs, smoked salmon, etc.). I saw a nicely set-up gym but I did not get a chance to use it. I would definitely come back to this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I usually stay at 3.5 stars hotel but it was last minute. I got this via hotwire.com since the priceline was too high bidding price.
I selected this since it was a hotel that had 95% positive review, free parking and internet.
This particular holiday inn was nicer and clean..almost like the hilton we stayed at. The beds were nice, mini fridge and microwave. no nickle and dime.
The location is close enough to airport like 12 min. and 18 min to downtown harbour.. also 24 min to washngton (white house)

Stay here if you get good price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager20794, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and amenities to be nice, also it is very close proximity to the downtown harbor and Washington DC. I thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights in the boardroom/sleeping room combo and it was great. Large meeting room for my meeting and separate sleeping quarters attached. Staff was great through out check in, meeting support, and my dinners I had in the main restaurant. Both the Caesar salad with chicken and the steak salad are superb! Very good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate your positive feedback on your recent stay with us and was very glad to hear that your accommodation was great, the staff and service were great and your dinner in the restaurant was superb. Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family stationed at Ft Meade, this hotel was located so that it was easy to get back and forth. There are a number of fast food places and a natural food store nearby. Also nearby are several correctional facilities - which only became nerve wracking when on our last night we saw a man sleeping in his car in the parking lot (which was always full, so we found ourselves parked too far from the lobby door).

Our room was well appointed - fridge, flat screen TV, even a sectional couch. However, the bed was far too firm & the pillows were small (square?) and hard as rocks. I called down to the front desk to see if there were other options and a language barrier with the housekeeping staff meant I never did receive better pillows. My back was so sore the first morning there, by the fourth night I couldn't fall asleep. When I addressed this with the front desk I received a small apology. I was so surprised to have such a poor experience since we are usually so comfortable at Holiday Inns! This one was disappointing and I am now nervous about booking with them again!

The hotel itself is updated and the staff mostly friendly. It was clean and had a nice common area in the lobby. We never swam, but the pool looked inviting. In terms of value, I scored low because they didn't invest in comfort when they updated. I wish there had been better resolution when I spoke with the front desk, but they didn't seem too concerned about my pain or the guy sleeping in the parking lot!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear wideawake02,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia - Fort Meade
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!