“Great stay, staff, and service!”

Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights in the boardroom/sleeping room combo and it was great. Large meeting room for my meeting and separate sleeping quarters attached. Staff was great through out check in, meeting support, and my dinners I had in the main restaurant. Both the Caesar salad with chicken and the steak salad are superb! Very good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
General_Manager20794, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

I appreciate your positive feedback on your recent stay with us and was very glad to hear that your accommodation was great, the staff and service were great and your dinner in the restaurant was superb. Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family stationed at Ft Meade, this hotel was located so that it was easy to get back and forth. There are a number of fast food places and a natural food store nearby. Also nearby are several correctional facilities - which only became nerve wracking when on our last night we saw a man sleeping in his car in the parking lot (which was always full, so we found ourselves parked too far from the lobby door).

Our room was well appointed - fridge, flat screen TV, even a sectional couch. However, the bed was far too firm & the pillows were small (square?) and hard as rocks. I called down to the front desk to see if there were other options and a language barrier with the housekeeping staff meant I never did receive better pillows. My back was so sore the first morning there, by the fourth night I couldn't fall asleep. When I addressed this with the front desk I received a small apology. I was so surprised to have such a poor experience since we are usually so comfortable at Holiday Inns! This one was disappointing and I am now nervous about booking with them again!

The hotel itself is updated and the staff mostly friendly. It was clean and had a nice common area in the lobby. We never swam, but the pool looked inviting. In terms of value, I scored low because they didn't invest in comfort when they updated. I wish there had been better resolution when I spoke with the front desk, but they didn't seem too concerned about my pain or the guy sleeping in the parking lot!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear wideawake02,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to Baltimore for a weekend vacation (including a Casino stop). This hotel is only 6 or 7 miles from the Casino. It also has easy access to the Baltimore interstates. The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel - lobby, rooms, and bathrooms looked brand new. Our king sized bed was extremely comfortable and the price was very reasonable. I'd definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There is a breakfast buffet in the lobby for around $10. There are several other restaurants nearby...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
General_Manager20794, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and we appreciate your positive feedback on our friendly staff, service and the newly renovated lobby and rooms. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was a great place to crash for a night and had the added bonus of being very affordable! It's no frills, but very clean and efficient. The air was fresh, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were a good size, and the location was good. The breakfast buffet was a little pricey, but there was a real omelette and waffle station. Nothing fancy, but a very solid place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Columbia and we appreciate your positive feedback on the cleanliness of the hotel, how comfortable the beds were and also the size of our rooms, We truly appreciate you staying with us and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was neely remodeled and in very good shape. It's right off I-95 on US-1 and not far from I-695 and very close to the airport. I would have no problems recommending this place. Only issue is due to a TA truck stop and hotel nearby, there is a tremendous amount of truck traffic 24 hours a day that is noisier than the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We originally toured the hotel in December 2012 seeking a space to host a Youth Convention for my church. The reasonable room rate attracted us. When we came and I pulled up, there was construction going on and we had to go to the back of the hotel to enter. It looked messy. I told my grandmother who was with me at the time that from the look of the hotel we were not going to be staying very long. When we were warmly greeted by John Frost and were told of the expected renovations and the renovations that had already been completed in the rest of the hotel. He showed us one of the sleeping rooms and we were astonished that they were all NEWLY renovated and VERY NICE!! I made one more trip in March to see that the lobby was complete and BEAUTIFUL!

Needless to say, we just hosted our Youth Convention last weekend, July 12-14th and John Frost, the Front Desk manager and even the waitress in the restaurant Myra were all so warm and accommodating. We had any where from 80-100 youth, not to mention adults and they tolerated (lol) and were able to handle everyone with the utmost courtesy. Anything we needed, they made it happen. It was such a pleasant experience.

The hotel was in a good location as far as being close to places to eat, our activities (DC). There was an indoor miniature golf place across the street (kid activity).

The restaurant in the hotel and breakfast buffet was really good.

My ONLY con is... we are used to having 2 queen beds in the rooms where these were double beds, a little smaller than what we were used to and the room itself could've been a little bigger.

I'd definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It's RARE to find a hotel with NEW or LIKE NEW hotel rooms BATHROOMS and a reasonable room rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingshoes_99
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently drove from Florida to Boston - after battling Friday night traffic in DC we decided to stop in Maryland. We arrived at the hotel and were very surprised to see a beautiful and clean lobby! When checking in the manager on duty was awesome. The hotel is 100% non-smoking and my husband and I are smokers so we asked if there was a room that would be convenient to go outside. We were placed right next to an exit door on the first floor. Upon entering the room we were completely surprised to see a gorgeous room - I really think we were the first people to ever stay in it. The bathroom was the cleanest most beautiful bathroom I had ever seen in a hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!