“Clean, friendly, great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway

Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
New Jersey
“Clean, friendly, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

I travel to this area for business several times a year, and I almost always stay here. It is not fancy, but it is clean and bright and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I can almost always get a room and the price is always low (relative to other hotels in the area). Breakfast is simple but good. Wireless is slow but adequate for basic things such as checking email. Fitness center is small, but OK.

Comparison to other local hotels: I liked the fairly new Comfort Suites in Jessup, which is nicer and has bigger rooms, but the price varies (sometimes much higher) and it is more often sold out. I also tried the Quality Inn which is fairly inexpensive, but it is not as nice as the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NJ_guy_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lexington, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

We chose this hotel based on the "Quality Inn" name and pleasant stays at many other Sleep Inns, as a place to stay in during our east coast trip. We stayed their Saturday night Nov 29, 2008.

Ever see that commercial where the people are having trouble with their room, the window faces a junk yard? Well, they could have filmed that commercial at this Sleep Inn. We were given room 303, and it's on the side of the hotel that faces directly into an automobile junk yard. Cars piled up on each other.

Worse than that, starting around 1am and then all night long we kept hearing loud low pitched throbbing sounds. We turned off the air conditioner, refrigerator, microwave, and we unplugged the TV. The sound still came back, it would be quiet for a while than the low throbbing sound repeated.

I was so exhausted that I was able to sleep through this. My wife however was kept up all night long.

We could have switched rooms, and maybe we should have, but my wife didn't want to wake me up at 2am to move to a different room.

My wife wrote a note, the desk staff said that they'd give it to the manager and that she would contact us "tomorrow". It's been much longer than that and we have heard nothing from them.

Breakfast, was good as usual at a Sleep Inn: waffles you make yourself, bread you can toast, butter, or peanut butter & jam (as we do), cereal.

Price was a little high as Sleep Inns go.

Bottom line: if you need to stay overnight in a good quality reasonably priced hotel, then you (usually) can't go wrong with Sleep Inn. But, if you stay at the one in Jessup, MD, be sure to get a room that's facing away from the junkyard.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SteveInMA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 16 in Laurel
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North

Been to Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!