WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Could not understand the woman at the front desk. Her disposition is not ideal for being at the front desk as she is a bit abrasive. One thing I loathe is to walk down the entire isle of smoking rooms to get to my non-smoking room. The room was very stuffy and about 85 degrees when I entered. They could at least have the air circulating. Check out was about the same. Could not find the front desk staff. He was outside rummaging through his car. When I received my receipt, they automatically charged me for the use of the safe. He became frustrated when I told him to take the charge off. The positive is that it's close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mountain View, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

A nice place to stay in Jessup. I stayed there for 2 nights and i was really happy with their services. The premises are really nice and the staff is really friendly... If you are in Jessup... just stay there

Room Tip: Get a queen or a king room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashlesh
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I will NEVER go to another Sleep Inn in my life - especially not this one. I arrived at 4am, after an 8hr drive, went to my room and killed a bug upon opening the door. I thought, it's just one little bug, don't worry about it. The room was stuffy so I turned on the air condition. Within minutes, other criters started climbing the walls. I immediately got my things, and went back to the lobby to let the guy know I would not be staying there. He apologized and said he'd credit my account back. I went through the weekend knowing that the credit probably wouldn't occur until the next business day, but I called every day asking to speak with management - they NEVER returned my calls! On Wednesday of the following week, I checked my account again to see if the funds were credited back to my account - they were not. So I called my bank and asked if I should worry, and was told that it can take up to 10 business days to receive the credit back in my account. Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since this occurance, and I still haven't gotten my money back. After verifying this with my bank, I called Sleep Inn, and the lady I've spoken with is extremely rude and tells me that they have already given me my money back, and my bank is lying... Really?? NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't even consider this disgusting place!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Terry_N_Leslie
Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn many times for business and am never disappointed. It is very clean and well maintained for the price. I tried a couple of other hotels in the area, but none could beat the value of the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boston, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I spend a lot of time in this part of eastern Maryland on business with a tight travel budget. There are plenty of moderately priced hotels in the area and I've checked out most of them. The Sleep Inn Jessup is by far the best choice in its price range, and beats a lot of places that cost substantially more.

The only drawback to this property is a little bit of sound leakage from room to room, especially in connecting rooms. But it is less severe than at most other places, and has only been an issue when I end up next to a very loud snorer or people who blast the TV at full volume. Get a non-connecting room if you are a light sleeper.

Otherwise, this is a great choice. The check-in staff are prompt and friendly. The free wireless internet is faster than at most budget places, and there is a computer with a printer in the lobby. The fitness center is small, but has a good variety of equipment. There are plenty of channels on the TV. The free continental breakfast is of very good quality, there are often fresh baked cookies in the evening, and there is always a bowl of fresh fruit for snacking. The rooms, bedding, and towels are always impeccably clean. There is plenty of hot water. And there is a microwave and refrigerator in every room, and they always work just fine.

Best of all, I have never had any problem with bug bites at this hotel, after staying here at least twenty nights in the last couple of years. That alone sets it apart-- at several other properties nearby, I've been bitten up pretty badly within a night or two. They must be doing something right as far as pest control goes. That alone keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. You might want a non-connecting room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeInMass
Schoolcraft, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were travelling and got caught in a rain storm in the dark in an area we were unfamiliar with...this was a little hard to find....needs better signage to find. Staff was very nice and the hotel had an elevator which is unusual for any of the past Sleep Inns we have been too. Room was nice an roomy, clean with great beds and pillows. Have to travel a little bit to get to the nicer chain restaurants which are off the beaten path.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda49087
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed for several nights. Staff was very helpful in providing information about where to eat. Very clean, spacious rooms. Rooms that had connecting doors you could hear what was going on the other side so had to be moved once and then it was fine. Refrigerator was not turned on but once turned on it worked fine. Very safe area.
Breakfast including make your own waffles was adequate as what more does one need that waffle with peanut butter and syrup to get one going in the morning. Coffee and tea was available anytime of the day. Fitness center had a TV to keep one's mind occupied as one exercised.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BB411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Laurel

Been to Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!