La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia - Fort Meade
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfirst floorallow petsroom was cleanprice rangeflat screenstaff was friendlygas stationwould stay here againeasy accesscontinental breakfastfast fooddesk clerkdogwoodsayoexitbaltimore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Despite the people who rate this 3 stars, I cannot understand how they get there. Firstly, the location is abominable-it sits in a dark alley (behind a conveinence store) between the Maryland State Prison in Jessup and a major regional truck stop-this is no place to bring your kids or for anyone to walk around at night. (Maybe dogs are ok.) The Hilton and the Sheraton near the Columbia Waterfront are also rated 3 stars and there is no comparison.

Now, as for the facility, it is a poor man's version of a cleanup paint job and minimal amenities in and out of the standard quality 2 star room with old broken down painted doors. They tried to do a standard 2 star breakfast (the waffle iron and toaster) but it was small, crowded and sparsely stocked. The business center is a pc in a corner of the lobby and the fitness center is a small room jammed with 3 treadmills...no no no, sorry, this is two stars at best.

The staff while I was there tries but except for the experienced manager, they appeared to have little experience working there or with hospitality in general. For what you get, this is way overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Geo777
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Do not stay at this hotel! My family and I stayed here in the last leg of our three-hotel vacation, and this was by far the worst (and the most expensive!). The hotel is in an extremely industrial area, with conveniences like grocery stores as close as three miles away. When I checked in, the management was extending the stay of a girl by one night. The thing was, the girl was scantily clad and paid in cash. The elevator was old and rickety, not safe at all. Our room's door looked like it had been broken into and did not lock correctly. Staircase led straight up to the door of our room and did not require a key to enter from the outside. The room was mostly clean, except for a bloodstain on one of the sheets. On Expedia this La Quinta advertised a pool and fitness center, but had neither. They did offer a complimentary breakfast, but it was only out until 9:00 and the selection was very limited. We were going to stay here for two nights, but packed up after our first. A horrible hotel for an outrageous price!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank LincolnBob
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We stopped off the I95 on our way from New York to Miami. We were lucky to find this well appointed, comfortable and reasonable hotel to spend the night. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly (Although I thought that about everyone in Maryland) and gave us advice on where to eat and a nice local dish. (Huge crabcakes, yum) There were free internet and printing facilities which I was delighted with as I was able to google map our route for the next day and keep in touch with family.

The only negative thing I could say was that the breakfast was not great, there was nothing very freshly made about it. But for the price of the room I thought this hotel an excellent stopover for the night.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I needed a pet friendly hotel that would accommodate a family of 5, close to I-95. I wasn't sure if I would have to settle. (Of course I think my pets are cleaner than most and my children better behaved.) The woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. She informed me that the roll-away I requested was in the hall, so we could unpack without tripping over it. The room had a tiled entry where I could feed the dogs. After driving for 7 1/2 hours with another full day of driving ahead of me, I was pleased to have a comfortable bed. When I asked the man at the night desk for extra towels he helped me immediately. He also informed me that hot coffee would be in the lobby in the morning and to call down if I was a very early riser and he would make it early. "Breakfast" selection was standard for this type of hotel; yes, they could use more yogurt and cereal selections, but we just wanted to grab something and get on the road. The hotel is located on a dead end street a little off the beaten path, but not far at all. The price was right, and the place not only suited our needs but exceeded my expectations.

1  Thank KelinSaratoga
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My family visited over the weekend of August 9th. Arrive late on Thursday to a friendly face and fast service. Our room, two double beds was clean and updated on the 4th floor. Woke the next morning to a typical breakfast (a plus was a waffle maker and a prompt staff that kept everything full and clean) Used the gym with is a small room with a bike, tread mill and eliptical. Basic but worked for me. Left for a day in Baltimore and the Red Sox game, directions from staff easy to follow and direct. The next night the hotel filled with Red Sox fans but was very quiet except in common areas in reception area. Staff always polite and courteous, we could find no fault on value. Would go back again. Only issues were that patrons seem to use the stairwells as smoking areas, causing common areas on our floor extremely smelly of smoke, and the air conditioner in the common areas could be put on higher. Would recommend for the price $99 in this area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family