“Convenient”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Head
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Convenient”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed 4 nights while visiting my son stationed near here. Overall it is a nice place. Reasonably priced, Quiet,Clean, staff is polite and helpful, breakfast available. This will be our "go-to" hotel on our visits to Indian Head.
Scenery around the area is beautiful. Stood in parking lot and watched deer graze in the vacant area next door. Short drive to Park along Potomac....relaxing walk.
A couple of the visitors we came in contact with at the hotel were return visitors and very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Ice machine and drink machine are on second floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,074 helpful votes
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon arriving in the lobby, I knew that this hotel was a big step up from the accommodations of the previous two nights. Compared to the Super 8 in Jessup, MD, this Super 8 was a PALACE.

The breakfast area was part of the lobby. It had tables and chairs, a couch, and arm chairs.

Beverly checked me in. She was very nice.

I got a room on the first floor. The decor in the room was nice. The desk had a really nice high-back leather office chair. The room featured a lounge chair and a large (42"?) flat-screen HDTV. The refrigerator had a QUIET MOTOR...no ticking. The view out the window was of large evergreen shrubs and trees.

There were several restaurants nearby. On Beverly's recommendation, I went to Calo Jero's Deli & Pizza just down the road. See my review.

Back at the hotel, I was ready to retire early. The king size bed had five plump pillows! The bed was SUPER COMFORTABLE. It had a pillow-top mattress with good support. I slept right through with no disturbances from traffic or noisy guests in neighboring rooms.

In the morning, I had a defrosted Eggo-style waffle and coffee. I took an orange for a mid-morning snack.

I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maurene_K
Earlysville
Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we arrived light bulb was out, telephone was broke and the chair when you set in it at the desk dropped all the way to the floor, put it up and it would drop again. So I had to walk to the front desk to report all of this. They handed me the light bulb to put in, they got a new phone brought it down and plugged it in took the chair then brought it back and it was still not working right. The next morning we told them it still wasn't working right so when we got back that evening they had replaced with a different chair. All of this we had to contend with after getting there at 8:30 9 o'clock at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

#4 of 12 in Waldorf
Colony South
Colony South
#3 of 4 in Clinton

Been to Super 8 Indian Head MD? Share your experiences!