“Love this chicken!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Getting in and out of this shopping mall is a little difficult sometimes but its worth the trip. I stumbled upon this place by accident and now I'm addicted. They have some really tasty spice rub that they use on this rotisserie chicken. Very very tasty. The meal comes with a small salad that has the best creamy dressing I've had in a long time...I wish I could get their recipe. Their french fries are good and they also offer fried yucca. At the counter they sell alfajores (cornstarch cookies filled with dulce de leche) which are a nice treat. The place is a dive, and has a few tables, but its great to carry out from here. I don't think they deliver. Sometimes I've gone and there is a line out the door but they serve it fast; other times there is no line. They speak Spanish (as do I) but I know they get enough gringo traffic that they have no problem with English. I highly recommend this place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 31, 2008

They have a secret spice concoction that completely the chicken apart

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 22, 2007

I got takeout at Senor Chicken last week and I agree with the previous poster that it's got great chicken--and the fried yucca is out of this world.

Anyone looking at my rating, however, should be aware that I rated it in its "class"--i.e., compared to similarly priced places such as McDonald's or KFC. To say that it's not fancy is a total understatement. It's a hole-in-the-wall, but one I'll definitely be returning to soon. For about $13.50, tax included, I got a whole roasted chicken, a very large order of fried yucca, and two very wilted salads (well, nothing's perfect.)

If you're hunting for it, it's in the northwest corner of the dreaded University Boulevard/New Hampshire Avenue intersection. (I.e., it's not in Hyattsville.) It's across from Woodlands, another great place to eat.

Reviewed December 26, 2006

This is primarily a take-out, however, there are a few tables for eating in. It is quite unexpected that the cuisine is so great, when looking at the store front shop. Rest assured, however, your palate will be thoroughly pleased. The robust charcoal taste and the tender rotisserie chicken is most delectable and not to mention the fried Yuta. Truly an enjoyable meal.