“Bad service, worse food, good beer”

Old Dominion Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Dominion Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 141 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you are looking for a place to have a beer near Prince Georges Plaza, then you've come to the right place. Good beers on tap at reasonable prices. But if you've come for anything else, you've come to the wrong place.

First, the service. We ordered the Asian Lettuce Wraps for an appetizer. I ordered a hamburger, my son ordered a BLT sandwich. When ordering the hamburger, I asked that there be no onions anywhere on the plate, and mentioned that I was allergic to onions. So, I was very surprised when the Lettuce Wraps appeared and the main ingredient was onions. I pointed this out to the server and asked why she hadn't said anything about there being onions in it, and she replied that I only told her I was allergic to onions with reference to hamburgers. Clueless. And no offer to take the dish back. So it sat there, uneaten.

But that's just one of the problems with the service. Once our food was delivered, the server disappeared, and never came back to see if we needed anything. When we finally found her to ask for the check, it was another 15 minutes before she brought it. And the place wasn't busy.

The food. I ordered my hamburger medium and it came out burnt with a funny taste to it. My son's BLT was dry, and the bacon burnt to a crisp. At least the french fries were good.

Sorry we went, won't ever go back. And hope I've saved you the trouble.

1  Thank drbking