“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I love this place”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great food, great drinks, great service, great atmosphere. . . what more can you ask for?? I go to this Busboys on a very regular basis and have never been disappointed. For brunch, I have had their sweet potato pancakes, which are PHENOMENAL. The french toast and lox/bagel dish are also great. The mediterranean burger is very flavorful (but a bit sloppy to eat). One of my favorite things on the menu is the sweet potato fries. They are crisp and tasty. The shrimp and grits is another wonderful dish and a unique take on this traditional southern fare.

The one drawback is that it is a bit loud.

It is a place where you can go alone and feel comfortable but it is also a good place for a group outing.

• Visited August 2012

Columbia, Maryland
“Quite a surpise!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were looking for a late night dinner on a Sunday night and were pleasantly surprised! There were 4 of us and we each got something different from shrimp and grits, the mediterranean burger, the blackened fish sandwich and the reuben sandwich. All were delicious including the sides of collard greens and sweet potato fries. We also splurged on dessert - the white chocolate bread pudding with coconut ice cream, the hazelnut cake and the carrot cake. All were very tasty but we especially liked the bread pudding. The design of the restaurant was interesting and everyone around us seemed to be having a good time. The service was good as well - our waitress kept our water glasses filled and checked up on us to see if we needed anything. Anxious to go back and try some of their other menu items!

Olney, Maryland
“Yummy shrimp and grits!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've never had shrimp and grits but saw it on a food show recently, a traditional southern dish. I'm not sure if this is the usual shrimp and grits but it was amazing, one the best dishes I've ever eaten, and I consider myself a foodie. Service was great also. Nice outdoor patio but with rain coming, we didn't sit outside, maybe next time.

Hyattsville, Maryland
“Best in Hyattsville”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Outstanding lunch visit. I loved the portobello mushroom sandwich. Even had my new favorite beer, 312 Wheat Ale on tap. Plenty of free parking behind the restaurant. Highly recommended!

San Diego, California
“Always good except when they have enough wait staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Busboys is a unique space. I've been to three of their other locations and they absolutely maintain their brand. Same menu and same overall concept, which is modern chic. The menu is an eclectic mix of soul food (greens) and lots of vegetarian and vegan dishes. The overall layout of Busboy's restaurants is usually a mix of basic tables and chairs with a few couches scattered around to make for a cozy/comfy feel. They also accommodate laptops by offering space for those who just want to lounge while working.

The unique thing about Busboys is that they have an "entertainment space" for music, poetry or whatever. Attended a jazz event on Sunday night and jazz was great, but they did not have enough wait staff and food took at least 45 minutes to arrive. I will say this was unusual. If you are ever in the vicinity of a Busboys... GO!