Just returned from 4 nights at the Hyattsville HIE - and for the money (less than $500 for 4 nights) it was perfect for our family of 4's trip to DC.
Here is what I liked
Free Breakfast - It was good - regular easy to make buffet stuff - eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal, muffins, cinnamon rolls etc. Easy way to start your day and the food was good. Not blow your mind fantastic - but better than an egg mcmuffin, and a whole lot cheaper.
Room had Refreigerator and Microwave
Room was on the small side but well kept, and clean
Small bathroom - really can fit only 1 person at a time.
Short ride to Metro stop - you are a 5 minute car ride to the New Carrlton Metro Stop - on the Orange line). Parking at the metro is 4.50, and prices vary for the metro into the City. Approximately a 25 minute Metro Ride to Smithsonian Stop - 27 Minutes to Metro Center.
Front Dest was quick for both check out and in. Had room keys ready upon arrival.
Hotel is less than 1 mile off of the B/W Espressway.
Restaurants nearby are limited - Mc'D's, KFC, BK - the usuals - as well as Wal Mart Across the street. Restaurants like Outback, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday's etc are within a 10-15 drive.
Hotel does offer Metro shuttle - but we dod not use it (though it was offered)
No great view - but when you are touring DC - we really only needed our room to sleep - so that was no big deal.
Rooms were quiet - elevators quick - maid service made our room look brand new daily - excellent job.
I have no complaints about our stay. I would certainly consider this property again in the future - the only drawback for my family is that there is no pool (inside or out).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyattsville Hotel's guests discover DC with ease whether marveling at the monuments of Washington, DC or enjoying a quiet, comfortable workspace near the capital at the Holiday Inn Express® Washington, DC - BW Parkway hotel. Situated in Hyattsville, Maryland, this hotel's location only 7 miles from downtown DC offers capital convenience from tours of the White House to concerts at the Verizon Center. Keep in touch with the office using free Wi-Fi and the 24-hour Business Center. Major corporations, including the IRS and NASA, CSC, Prince George's Hospital Center and Doctors Community Hospital, are all within 11 miles, so you can travel to meetings effortlessly. Our complimentary shuttle takes will take you to area businesses within 5 miles. Cheer on the Redskins at FedEx Field before showing off your athletic skills at Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex. Enjoy free parking then hop on our complimentary shuttle to the New Carrollton Metro Station to enjoy DC. You can begin each morning with a plateful of warm cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets and pancakes from the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar and energize in the well-equipped Fitness Center with a 40-inch HDTV. All guests enjoy free access to laundry facilities and microwave and refrigerator in each room. For a monumental stay in the DC area, book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville