I booked this hotel for a short sightseeing trip to Washington, D.C. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels many times before, and have always been impressed. This hotel changed my view.
The hotel building itself isn't bad - a pretty standard hotel. It was supposed to have been remodeled in 2010, but there are already signs of aging.
First complaint: The bathtubs have no plug, which is really weird. I have a one-year-old who I had to wipe down because we couldn't bathe him. I complained to the manager on duty the first night we were there, and he told me that "most hotels don't have plugs in the tubs now." That is about the biggest load of cr*p I've ever heard! He told me he would see what he could do and call me back. Needless to say, I had to go back down the next night because nobody called. The next morning, I spoke to the general manager. He told me a story about how several people had drowned in the tubs so that is why they removed the plugs. The hotel's website, however, advertises bathtubs in the rooms. The manager did give me a discount on the room, but only after I asked specifically for it.
The hotel has free WiFi, which is really nice, but the desk in the room we were in had no outlet close enough to plug in a laptop, which pretty much defeats the purpose of the desk.
The shuttle service is nice, too, but we waited for 40 minutes for a pick-up from the metro station, and had to call twice to remind them to come get us. Not what you want after a long day sightseeing.
Not impressed, and will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyattsville Hotel's guests discover DC with ease whether marveling at the monuments of Washington, DC or enjoying a quiet, comfortable workspace near the capital at the Holiday Inn Express® Washington, DC - BW Parkway hotel. Situated in Hyattsville, Maryland, this hotel's location only 7 miles from downtown DC offers capital convenience from tours of the White House to concerts at the Verizon Center. Keep in touch with the office using free Wi-Fi and the 24-hour Business Center. Major corporations, including the IRS and NASA, CSC, Prince George's Hospital Center and Doctors Community Hospital, are all within 11 miles, so you can travel to meetings effortlessly. Our complimentary shuttle takes will take you to area businesses within 5 miles. Cheer on the Redskins at FedEx Field before showing off your athletic skills at Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex. Enjoy free parking then hop on our complimentary shuttle to the New Carrollton Metro Station to enjoy DC. You can begin each morning with a plateful of warm cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets and pancakes from the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar and energize in the well-equipped Fitness Center with a 40-inch HDTV. All guests enjoy free access to laundry facilities and microwave and refrigerator in each room. For a monumental stay in the DC area, book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville