I have been to Washington DC (for CNS work) before at least half a dozen times in the past years but mostly it has been to Downtown or central area and had a touristy experience while commuting or meeting friends. Holiday Inn Express BW Parkway was a great find this time to stay with other CNS colleagues from Zimbabwe, Thailand and India. This was a great find because we genuinely felt as if staying in a home away from home, and major plus point was got to interact with a lot of local Americans! Loads of stories we came back with, thank you Holiday Inn Express!
* HOTEL: This is a good hotel, neat and clean lobby, free high speed wireless internet, great breakfast of eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, assortment of breads, very good coffee, fruits, pancakes, etc... and by the way, coffee and popcorns are always available in the lobby. The rooms are very good, secure (only valid room key holders can use the lift), big in size, neat and clean, and good aircon and other comforts. Hotel is right on the Beltway (BW) on Annapolis Road, so very easy to locate for taxi drivers. The bus stand is right outside the hotel entrance, and nearest Metro station is NEW CARROLTON station which is about 2-3 miles away - and HOTEL PROVIDES free shuttle to this metro station every hour (7am to 10pm). To get one self picked from this metro station we have to call the hotel to send the shuttle.
HOW TO REACH THIS HOTEL?
* New Carrolton Metro station is also a AMTRACK Train station and also has a direct connection (ORANGE LINE) to nearest metro station to Dulles (IAD) Washington DC airport (West Fall Church Station). Between West Fall Church Metro station and Dulles (IAD) Airport, there is a bus (for USD 10 one way or USD 18 return trip)
* we can also take a SUPPER SHUTTLE, which costs USD 41 for one person (and USD 10 for every additional person).
* Taxi is expensive, USD 85 or so
We took the airport-bus to West Fall Church- then Metro Train (Orange Line) to New Carrolton and got picked by Hotel shuttle (we have to call hotel to send shuttle) (about USD 10 + USD 6 = USD 16). On return, we took the Super Shuttle for two people (USD 41 + 10 = 51)
* ITALIAN restaurant: the Italian restaurant right next door to this hotel is just so good - finger licking chicken alfredo, pizzas, and all - absolutely great food and great Killian drinks! This is slightly pricey but offers 10% discount to Holiday Inn Express residents (so do mention this before billing that you are staying in Holiday Inn).
hardly 1 min walk further from Italian restaurant is Chinese restaurant (which is more of a pack-away). this is much cheaper.
Another minute walk is DOLLAR TREE store - and right opposite is WALMART. There are McDonald's and Burger King too right across each other. KFC is slightly further ahead (and many more restaurants).
We got to meet a lot of local residents, interact with neighbourhood residents, and this is what makes staying at this hotel more special.
the staff is very friendly and helpful. Just ask for help and they will try their best.
This hotel also has a 24 hours fitness center and laundry too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyattsville Hotel's guests discover DC with ease whether marveling at the monuments of Washington, DC or enjoying a quiet, comfortable workspace near the capital at the Holiday Inn Express® Washington, DC - BW Parkway hotel. Situated in Hyattsville, Maryland, this hotel's location only 7 miles from downtown DC offers capital convenience from tours of the White House to concerts at the Verizon Center. Keep in touch with the office using free Wi-Fi and the 24-hour Business Center. Major corporations, including the IRS and NASA, CSC, Prince George's Hospital Center and Doctors Community Hospital, are all within 11 miles, so you can travel to meetings effortlessly. Our complimentary shuttle takes will take you to area businesses within 5 miles. Cheer on the Redskins at FedEx Field before showing off your athletic skills at Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex. Enjoy free parking then hop on our complimentary shuttle to the New Carrollton Metro Station to enjoy DC. You can begin each morning with a plateful of warm cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets and pancakes from the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar and energize in the well-equipped Fitness Center with a 40-inch HDTV. All guests enjoy free access to laundry facilities and microwave and refrigerator in each room. For a monumental stay in the DC area, book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville