“It was Good but did not Wow Me.”

Carolina Kitchen Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 137 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Maryland
“It was Good but did not Wow Me.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I enjoyed my food & I would go again but I would not make a special trip. I got the Carolina BBq Sand with their "Special Sauce" & the cajin fries. The fries tasted normal to me. I did get a small sauce that was not hot but did have a good taste on my fries. I did really like the cornbread (One cupcake size Free with meal). The presentation of the free cornbread was great. Overall is was a good meal but I did not get the Wow that I was expecting based on the other reviews.

• Visited December 2013

Springfield, Virginia
“Best greens in the world!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Oh the greens are soooo good. I always get the jerk chicken, I add some texas pete and it's oh so perfect. The string beans, mac n cheese, and corn are also very good. The cornbread is sweet and good. This Hyattsville location is very nice. I've also been to the one at BLVD at Cap Centre but that one is cafeteria style, go through the line and get your food. This one has a bar and is like a sit down restaurant. It's more expensive. This restaurant won the hoodie award for best soul food 2012 and 2013. No wonder, the food is fantastic!! I love it. Each time I went I was by myself. Try it, you won't be disappointed. One day I'll buy a large side of greens and feed them to a guy and let him think I cooked them. LOL

• Visited October 2013
maryland
“Best Soul Food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Carolina Kitchen for first time. Everything was excellent. Food to die for! Excellent waitress and friendly staff. Can't wait to go again soon. They sang soulful birthday song to my stepson. Want good food and pleasant atmosphere, then you must visit.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“TALK ABOUT SOME GOOOOOOOD SOUL FOOD”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Every time I come into town I MUST stop here to eat. The wait time sometimes seems to be longer than normal, but the food is AMAZING and you can get it to-go. I will be honest the menu can be pricey, but at least the food is good. I ALWAYS have to get a to-go box so you get good portions.

The one unique thing is this soul food restaurant has a BAR!!!!

GOOD FOOD, GOOD DRINKS...it doesn't get any better than this.

PS: The one thing I would tell a manager is that remember people are tourist...not everyone is from there even tho it's not the heart of D.C so there should be someone to great the people at the door or at least a sign to tell me where the restroom is located.

• Visited September 2013
Maryland
“Mouth watering”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the best southern style food in Maryland..I have had crab claws, fried green tomatoes, rustic soup, mama stew chicken and more every dish is great..Corn bread is to die for...My favorite dish is the smothered fried chicken.my husbands is the smothered pork chops. The gravy is like a drug...it calls me several time a month...

Also the place is sooooo clean...ya gotta go

• Visited September 2013