I went with a student group to the UMD Marriott College Park (The other name for this hotel) for 5 nights. This is in no way the hotel's fault, but the group I traveled with had them remove the beds and place roll-aways in the room so each kid had their own bed to sleep on (this group's policy). The problem came with the quality in these beds...I will call them cots, but that is being generous. They felt like cardboard, and the sheets felt like sandpaper. I was so mad that, just because this is who I am, I measured the smallest cot and then measured the distance in between where the two beds should have lied, and realized that there was absolutely no need to take the two beds out...they could have just added one cot. The desk area was fine, and the free wi-fi (which their website actually says they don't have) was a nice surprise. The bathroom was unacceptably small, and the shower head was growing something. The hotel is LEED certified, which makes them "green." Their policy with towels is that if you place them on the floor, they will be replaced. Well, having three guys in one room (and all that goes with that), we obviously wanted new, clean towels each day...but that didn't happen. The second morning I realized that my towel smelled, so I put a blotch of toothpaste on the edge to see if it had been replaced. When we returned that evening, the (old) towels were still there. The next morning I wrote a note and placed it on the door for housekeeping to see when they came in...still no new towels. I then called down to the front desk. They assured me that they would be changed the next morning and they were...but that was just too much. The bathroom amenities were fine, and the water pressure was sufficient, but the toilet paper was awful...it actually looked like someone dropped it in water but then still put them on the ring. I would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville