Just returned home after a 4 night stay the Marriott College Park.
We booked the hotel because we were attending a wedding at the University of Maryland.
This is a perfect hotel to stay at if you are attending a wedding on the college campus.
There were many family/friends staying at the hotel, with a special wedding rate.
On the positive side. The COMMONS Restaurant and bar is very well decorated.
We all commented on how well we liked the décor. A lot of effort was put into making the
area inviting. We had the breakfast buffet every morning, and it was perfect. Made to order
omelets or waffles,oatmeal plus assortment of cereals, breads, fruits, juices, coffee and tea.
Also had lunch at the COMMONS one day, and again, very good sandwiches. I had a chicken sandwich with a salad on the side. Very tasty.
At night the bar is the perfect place to be, and than just go on up to your room !
The staff were very friendly.
The Cozy Rooms -- This was a bit of a challenge. They are well decorated, but very small.
A luggage stand was provided, but, no where to put it. The closet is tiny, keep in mind we had
a suit, shirt, cocktail dress, plus our other clothes to hang up. The safe is basically on the floor
of the closet, I had to get on my hands and knees to put anything in and out of it.
We dealt with that, and made the best of it.
BUT, the bathroom is another story. A glass sliding door to separate the shower/toilet from the bed. Let me say, there is no privacy in that room. I cannot understand anyone who thought that would be acceptable. The shower has a 1/2 glass wall even with the whole bathroom floor. Tried hard as I could, but, all the floor got wet everytime I showered. The 2 hooks to hang your bath towels are INSIDE the shower. I believe in the green concept, willing to use my towel more than once, but, can't hang it in the shower, because my husband was taking a shower after me. Therefore the towel would be soaked. Did I mention you have to get into the shower to turn the water on. So, basically cold water hits you first. There is absolutely no counter space in the bathroom, even to the point of where do we put the soap dish.
The wait staff, the maids, all did an excellent job. Our room was always clean. No complaints there.
The bed was super comfortable, nice linens, and lots of comfy pillows.
I want to add that check in was easy. I actually had to request a toiletry from the front desk, and they went above and beyond getting it for me, and delivering to the room. That was service I never expected.
There are 2 buildings at this hotel. We were in the building with the Commons Rest. and Bar. The other building is not "renovated" yet, so no cozy rooms there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville