I stay at this hotel once a year and it has undergone a nice remodeling. This year, I was in the conference center building in a room that was described accurately as cozy. It was small, but it was ok enough for one person and it was comfortable. There are things I simply do not understand, though, such as the current trend in bathroom design that separates the bathroom from the bedroom by glass, in this case a blue sliding glass door. Cannot people have some last bit of privacy? And the shower was a long narrow compartment that most likely had previously held a tub. There was a half-glass wall to separate the shower from the sink and toilet but the mechanism to turn the water on and off was at the end of the compartment so there was no way to turn on the water to figure out the temperature without getting soaked. And the floor had no slope, so the water spilled out into the main part of the bathroom and required the bath mat and more towels to sop up the water to prevent slipping. To me, this is a stupid design that privileges aesthetics over function and does not take into consideration guest safety. The room was attractive, but the walls were painted black with black switchplates and black switches. So, do I have to say that it was a little hard to find the light switches and the outlets? Who thinks this is a good idea? All that said, the bed was comfortable and they finally have room service, although my breakfast arrived late. The restaurant's food is tasty and the bartender was friendly. The staff was competent and responsive. I thought the room was overpriced and I had to pay in full 60 days in advance with no possible refund because it was an "event weekend." That was harsh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville