College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$131
HIExpress.com
$76
$81
Travelocity
All reviewscommon restaurantnewer buildingfront deskumd campusthe concierge loungemodern bathroomseparate buildingsswim meetcollege visitmetro stationonsite restaurantstarbucks coffeecollege kidscomplimentary shuttlecomfy bedrooms are smallbreakfast buffet is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The horrid experience started at check in, where it took over 45 min to check 2 rooms. This was primarily due to only 1 person being at the check-in desk. Not what you expect after a long drive!!! The next morning, before checking out, there was no hot water at all. Not even lukewarm water. We were forced to take a cold shower while turning the heater in the room to full. Very disappointing & will not recommend anyone staying at this location.

Room Tip: If you book a king bed room or a 1-bedroom suite, you will be located in the "new" renovated building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PCamp1, Manager at College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

On behalf of the staff at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at the hotel. Our goal with Marriott is to meet and exceed each and every guest expectations, and in this case we failed to meet yours.

Regarding the multiple issues you had, I have shared your comments with my operations team and your concerns are being addressed. Again, my deepest apology.

Without knowing the date you stayed with us, a room number, etc., it prohibits me from looking further into the problems you had. I am inviting you to contact me at the property so I can speak with you about this further. At your earliest convenience, please call 301-985-7300 and ask for the Executive Office.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope your experience at the College Park Marriott Hotel does not dissuade you from staying with Marriott in the near future. I look forward to speaking with you directly.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A tale of two buildings.

This hotel has a strange layout. I don’t mind two buildings but you literally have to go outside and cross a courtyard to go between buildings. This is quite inconvenient at night and in the cold after working out or when you want something to eat. You have to get a coat to go to the hotel restaurant.

I started in the old building because I have access to the concierge/club lounge and booked an Executive King. It was a nice size room but very outdated and had maintenance issues. It was actually my second out of three rooms in that the first room the door would not even open. The last night of my stay was in the new building.

Overall positives include the service. Maintenance was prompt and a quick offer to change rooms. The restaurant was not only good but well priced. The complementary shuttle service will definitely have me coming back when in the area.

If I were to do it over, I would stay in the new building because that’s where the majority of the services I use are located (fitness center, public areas to work, and restaurant). And I like modern rooms. If room size is more important, stay in the older building. I will just walk over to the club lounge which had good service but is outdated and ok on the variety of food.

Old building vs. New Building

Old Building
• Front desk and Shuttle arrangements
• Concierge/club lounge floor (I don’t know why it’s in the old building. I guess no one would stay in the old building otherwise.)
• Very quiet—me and one other person on our part of the floor.
• Larger rooms but old
• Executive King rooms (large but no frig. Or microwave)
• No other facilities
• Not a lot of public space but private since it seems no one stays in this building

New Building
• Small rooms (except junior suit) but nicely remodeled
• Fitness center
• Restaurant
• Nice public areas but no place real private areas; quite utilized
• Majority of conference rooms

Room Tip: Room 241 in the new building is a junior suite Room 255 in old building executive king and large If an option stay in new building for amenities
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PCamp1, Manager at College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I like your title “A tale of two buildings.” :-)

Having two buildings that you have to walk to and from is not always the most convenient, as you mention, especially in the winter months. I myself have been to hotels where you have to walk outside to get to where you may need to go for meetings, get to a restaurant, etc. , and it’s not always convenient, so I understand and can empathize with you.

I am happy that you enjoyed our free shuttle and The Common Restaurant/Pub.

You mention the Hotel a few times as being outdated, old, etc. I am happy to inform you that we will begin renovation on that building in November 2014. In the meanwhile, I am happy that you plan on staying with us again when in the area. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property probably 20 nights over the past two years. Their recent huge renovation really made this very convenient property a great, comfortable place to stay. I really look forward to going there.
The new rooms are so very cute. Like an upscale apt or lodge design with walkin shower, cozy sofas and furniture and very comfortable beds. The common areas downstairs are beautiful and nice to gather wih friends by the fireplace or get some work done. And if you are someone who likes to workout when you travel like I do you are going to LOVE their new gym. I travel the world and this is one of the best gyms I have seen at a hotel. It has everything.
I also have to say they have a great buffet breakfast and the waitresses at the restaurant are so very nice.
I would like to see a few more bar like appetisers added to the menu. They used to have amazing quesadillas but its not in their new menu.
Overall we love staying at this new property. The weekend rates are fantastic and if available I have been upgraded o their cozy suites which are even nicer,
If you have an appointment at university of Maryland college park this is THE place to stay. You can walk to campus if you want.

Room Tip: Cozy suites are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
PCamp1, Manager at College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

How nice to read this wonderful review of our property! I am so very glad you have enjoyed your many visits with us. Thank you for all the kind words regarding our hosts - I will be sure to pass them along. "Amazing quesadillas" = Yes, you are correct! I liked them too. I will make sure the chef knows you mentioned it - who knows, maybe he will add it back on the menu one day. Again, thank you, and we look forward to your return. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed one night while in DC area for Thanksgiving. Wonderful stay, great bed and comfortable linen. Had read about room sizes and requested a deluxe. It was a nicely-sized room on 5th floor. Would have been more comfortable with another chair in addition to the desk chair- but for a one-night stay it was quite good. Did not try any amenities as we were on the move. Fairly easy access to 295 to get to DC. Although once you head out on University Blvd there are few places for coffee in that direction. I think there was a Starbucks in the other building which we could have tried. If you have other plans to get to DC then 12 to 15 min drive in other direction to Ft Totten for Metro. Had very good rate for holiday stay and free parking in the property garage. Have family close by so will be trying this property again, probably pretty soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
PCamp1, Manager at College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I very much appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have The Common restaurant/pub in the hotel and also a Starbucks, so perhaps next time you will have time to dine with us. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Attended a wedding on thanksgiving weekend. There hotel is comprised of two buildings. One that has the lobby and guestrooms and the other with rooms, restaurant and conference center. The latter building is very nicely done and looks great. The restaurant "The common" was very good and nicely done. The rooms in the front desk building are out dated and need renovation big time. Gift shop was empty and a missed opportunity for the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. Parking is complimentary and that helps.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I thank you for taking time to review the property. As you mentioned, the Conference Center is newly renovated; guest rooms, The Common Restaurant/Pub, state-of-the-art fitness center, meeting space, etc. and we are happy that you enjoyed it. We will soon begin some renovation of the hotel, so if you visit us again once this is completed, we know you will love what you see! I apologize that the gift shop did not perhaps provide you with what you were looking for and have passed along your comment to the department head. Thank you, again, and we do hope you stay with us in the future!