A tale of two buildings.
This hotel has a strange layout. I don’t mind two buildings but you literally have to go outside and cross a courtyard to go between buildings. This is quite inconvenient at night and in the cold after working out or when you want something to eat. You have to get a coat to go to the hotel restaurant.
I started in the old building because I have access to the concierge/club lounge and booked an Executive King. It was a nice size room but very outdated and had maintenance issues. It was actually my second out of three rooms in that the first room the door would not even open. The last night of my stay was in the new building.
Overall positives include the service. Maintenance was prompt and a quick offer to change rooms. The restaurant was not only good but well priced. The complementary shuttle service will definitely have me coming back when in the area.
If I were to do it over, I would stay in the new building because that’s where the majority of the services I use are located (fitness center, public areas to work, and restaurant). And I like modern rooms. If room size is more important, stay in the older building. I will just walk over to the club lounge which had good service but is outdated and ok on the variety of food.
Old building vs. New Building
• Front desk and Shuttle arrangements
• Concierge/club lounge floor (I don’t know why it’s in the old building. I guess no one would stay in the old building otherwise.)
• Very quiet—me and one other person on our part of the floor.
• Larger rooms but old
• Executive King rooms (large but no frig. Or microwave)
• No other facilities
• Not a lot of public space but private since it seems no one stays in this building
• Small rooms (except junior suit) but nicely remodeled
• Fitness center
• Nice public areas but no place real private areas; quite utilized
• Majority of conference rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville