We decided to make a quick day trip up to UM to watch Old Dominion football take on Maryland. Despite some so-so reviews on TA, I booked the Marriot 1) due to it being a Marriot and 2) it’s proximity to the stadium. Upon arrival (we arrived around 11:00am) our room was not ready anf the front desk was kind enough to say they would give us a call when it was ready. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a “Junior Suite” in the “older building.” Based on the reviews from past TA guests, I was not thrilled by the old building but it was one night so it wasn’t a big deal.
Let me tell you, I was completely wrong. The building was in the finishing stages of a complete renovation and our room was one of the nicer Marriot rooms I have stayed in. Our friends did not get lucky enough for an upgrade and their room was very nice, but also very small. I would highly recommend splurging for the Jr. Suite simply due to the size.
The only downfall was with the restaurant on site. The front desk promoted a post game buffet special and when we (and MANY other guests) tried to take advantage, they informed us they were not having it that night. They have a huge specials board that promoted the special as well. In the end, the manager gave a token discount of 10% (do the math, the hotel still comes out waaaay ahead), but the service was good and the bar was a nice hangout.
If I ever go to UM again, I will def. be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville