I stayed for one night in mid-June. I had a very spacious corner room that had recently been renovated (so they said -- it's been a few years since I was here last and I don't remember ever thinking it needed renovation). It was a very clean room with a calming ambiance. My television did not play all the channels but I was already in my pjs and wasn't about to call to ask for a repair. There were small service glitches. Two days before my arrival I received an email asking if I had special requests. Yes, I did, so I responded. I received an automated reply but then no actual communication and indeed no one had tended to my requests. It all worked out and I wasn't concerned, but on the other hand, why bother being attentive if in the end you aren't going to follow through? I had also been told I could have room service for breakfast even though it had not yet been formally instituted, but when it came down to it, no, I couldn't. The food in the recently renovated and re-imagined restaurant is quite good, but the service has many small issues to work out, although everyone is very nice and polite and eager to please. Just not always effective. If you have reason to be visiting University of Maryland, this is the best option. You can walk to anywhere on campus and they have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere you want/need to go within three miles of the hotel. This is a nice service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville