I was attending a conference on the UMD campus and stayed here to be in one of the nicer and safer hotels in College Park.
PROS: Delicious breakfast and a good variety of healthy and savory items to choose from, both hot and cold. Comfy bed and an assortment of pillows. Clean. Nice staff. Quiet and safe, for the area. Rate is at or below government per diem for hotels this time of year.
CONS:Not a convenient location, so let me elaborate: It's off of a highway and seems difficult to get to no matter what entrance you take. I had a short walk to the parking garage where parking was free, but the circuitous route to get there proved difficult to navigate no matter what direction I came from and one day I got stuck for 10 minutes behind a semi that came from a nearby loading zone and had to be navigated through the only entrance to the university from the hotel. Otherwise, you get stuck going on a highway in the other direction for 3 miles going out of the other exit. The only other bad part about the accessibility of the hotel is that at night UMD closes the gates to campus except for the main one at US-1. The gate guard said I could get to my hotel and didn't warn me about the other entrances/exits being closed off. I got lost driving around UMD looking for a way to get to the hotel for a half hour and finally used my smart phone to navigate my way back to the main gate, from which it took 10 minutes to drive around the outside of the campus and back to the hotel, accessing it from the wrong direction.
It's up to you: The on-site restaurant is being renovated and so is the gym. The restaurant is closed so you'll have to go elsewhere for dinner or grab a salad from the on-site snack shop (small variety), and the gym is just older equipment (not bad though) that's being significantly upgraded to really nice, super state-of-the-art cardio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville