This hotel is located right on campus, so couldn't be more convenient. It's also easy to get to, from BWI airport -- if you ignore the instructions on their website! I strongly suspect that the instructions to go from I95 to I495 to Exit 25B will not work. Furthermore, it's much faster and super simple to take Route 295 from BWI instead. Just go south on 295, exit onto Route 193, and follow it straight to the Adelphi Rd intersection where you'll see the hotel and do a U-turn. Traffic can be terrible on both Route 295 and I95 at rush hour.
The hotel itself is perfectly decent. I appreciated the furniture, which included a little side table. I found it a bit cold at night, and frustrating that there's no control over the cool air blowing right onto my bed. The internet was pretty good, especially considering that it was free, a rarity at Marriotts and other big chain hotels. However, there was an unsightly tangle of cables and cords under the table, and a non-functional ethernet tangle on the desk. There were real glasses in the bathroom, wrapped in paper, olden-day style, which was a nice touch. The fixtures, including the toilet, were funky European style, which I like, since I can opt to save water on my flushes. The bath mat still had a bad stain that looked relatively fresh, so that was a tad icky, and the water tastes terrible. The little shop on the premises is extremely small and limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville