This hotel is a perfectly good choice when visiting the University of Maryland. It is right on the edge of campus, easily accessible from the main road, but felt safe. I agree with some of the other reviews that it's annoying to have the restaurant/bar in the building across the street and the parking lot in a separate structure a half block ish away. The manager talks about a renovation in the near future however that would correct these issues. A great improvement would be to add porters/valet service. We were there in the summer so perhaps they do provide these services at busier times. I found that it was weird to pull up to a hotel I wasnt familiar with and have to figure out that I had to go inside, ask what to do with our car, find a luggage cart, unload the car onto the luggage cart, wait while my husband parked the car, check in to the hotel, steer a heavy luggage cart between me & my husband to the room. What if I had been traveling alone? That really would not have worked! Maybe I'm too spoiled after having stayed at the Ritz Carlton, but I would think adding the porter/valet would really help take the edge off having to walk across the street to go to the restaurant or get coffee in the morning from the Starbucks in the lobby of the "other" building!
On a positive note...I thought the room was clean, which is paramount, and nicely decorated with very comfy bed linens and excellent water pressure in the shower! And the young lady working as the bartender/waitress in the restaurant was extremely sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Reservation Counter, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville