We just stayed at this hotel while visiting the University for a campus visit. It was adequate, as the title of this review states. It is located right on the border of the University. As other reviews state, you can walk to campus, but it is not thru a pedestrian friendly area--- across parking lots and it is not well marked with signage.
Staff was fine-- pleasant enough when checking in but not real forthcoming with information about nearby amenities. No complimentary breakfst was offered, so I inquired about what was available-- the restaurant onsite had a $20pp breakfast buffet I was told. We ran out and bought donuts for morning instead. The room was clean. We had to request more toiletries and towels as a family of 5 was staying in the room. We got them without a problem. Loved the toiletries-- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Orange Ginger. We had also ordered a rollaway bed. This was not there when we arrived and we had to call to get it brought up. The room was quiet. We got our wake up call as requested.
2 odd things we noticed: 1.) when we arrived back to our floor (3rd) on Sunday evening after doing some sightseeing at about 10:30 pm, an overwhelming stench of onions was everywhere. It was not just a little bit onion-y. It was crazy onion-y, as if some onion processing plant was exhausting into the hallway. Really gross. and 2.) the lounge at the facility (Oracle, I think), which advertised "late night bites and drinks," turned my husband and I away at the door at 11-ish pm on Sunday night when we went over to share a cocktail without the kids. There was a large group still seated in the lounge that was showing no signs of departure, but we were still told rather abruptly that we would not be served.
Overall, we would stay again when visiting campus. That would be the only reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Reservation Counter, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville