“Jumbo Crabs!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Jumbo Crabs!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hyatt suggested this restaurant for crabs on the Water. Great Choice. Jumbo Crabs and local Beer, What could be better. Since it was a Tuesday eve, not crowded or noisy. Beautiful Sunset view. the outside deck was closed but we had a window seat. 15 minutes from the Hyatt.They provided good directions. Nice wait staff.

• Visited September 2013

Mamaroneck, New York
“Great crabs, pleasant atmosphere...”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

They catch the crabs in the nearby creek, they said, so you can bet they are fresh. The crab cakes were great too. The restaurant has 3 sitting areas, indoor and outdoor. We sat right next to the water, but it was covered and air conditioned, so very comfortable with a pleasant view. They play up the whole Suicide Bridge thing, which is fine (I won't spoil it for you, the story's on the back of the menu). All in all, it's worth the detour.

• Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Very different but worthwhile!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took a bus load of Senior Citizens! They LOVED it and so did I! We took the Paddle boat luncheon and had a delightful luncheon on board! We cruised the Choptank River. The food was very good. We especially loved the great veggies that came with our meal. It was served as in a Restaurant. We could go outside after the meal! The setting was very serene. The staff very friendly! I don't think anyone would be disappointed with this venue! We will definitely be going back next year!

• Visited July 2013
Federalsburg, Maryland
“I can't believe I didn't go earlier!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I have lived a mere 12 miles from this establishment for the past 3 1/2 years and I can't believe didn't check it out sooner! I admit I'd heard mixed reviews about the place and didn't want to be let down. Well, I wasn't!

It was late on a Wednesday evening when we went. My boyfriend and I had spent a long day kayaking the local waterways and we didn't get around to deciding on where to go for dinner until rather late. It was about eight or so when we set out and I knew that Suicide Bridge closed at nine, so I was worried we'd really be pushing it. I've been to resturaunts where, if you arrive close to closing time, they remind you pointedly of the fact and suggest you order something simple and quick. Not so here! We were warmly greeted at 8:30 and shown to a table overlooking the water. From where we sat we could see the marina and their two river boats used for cruises. We were also treated to a wonderful lightning show. There were several other diners scattered around different areas of the large resturaunt, but all were nicely spaces out without any crowding. Our waitress (Stacey?) went over the specials and we never once felt like we were being rushed.

I ordered the crab cake (jumbo lump!) and petite fillet mignon. It came with a choice of two sides and a side salad. The salads were wonderful. Made with fresh local tomatoes, definitely NOT store bought hot house tomatoes! My boyfriend ordered off the fish menu. Its great. They give you about five choices of fish, three options of preparation and optional add-ons. He went with broiled flounder topped with crab imperial. It was delicious! After dinner, we were both too full for dessert. BUT the waitress' suggestions sounded so tempting, we ended up placing a dessert order to go. It was HOURS before we had room to try them! My éclair was so big it took me a couple of days to eat it! And I'm pretty sure that the chocolate coating on top was a melted Crunch bar, which made it a little different, but also good. My boyfriend got the bread pudding, which he claimed was excellent. While not a huge fan if bread pudding, I tried a bit and also thought it was very good.

After dinner, we strolled around the marina a bit. We checked out the oadflewheel boats and moseyed on iover to the bridge that is the resturaunt's namesake. The full moon above the bridge and strobing lightning made for a memorable effect. Dinner was a bit on the pricey side, but we thoroughly enjoyed it; it's nearby and we will definitely return. And we definitely will be doing some of their river cruises!

• Visited August 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Best Crab imperial ever!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a lovely setting on the Choptank River with a view of the bridge that gives it it's name. The story of the bridge is printed on the back of the menu so be sure to read it. Our waitress, Danielle, was superb! She was perky, attentive and fun! There were 5 of us and we all managed to order something different. The shrimp cocktail had very large shrimp that looked fresh and appealing. The crab imperial was the best I've ever tasted with big chunks of crab in a really good sauce. Both the fried and broiled crab cakes were made with loads of crab meat and very little, if any, filler. The desserts looked wonderful but I was really to filled to try one although my companions said they were as good as they looked. Well worh your time to gives this place a try!

Visited August 2013