“Good food on the Eastern Shore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suicide Bridge Restaurant

Suicide Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hurlock
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seaford, Delaware
“Good food on the Eastern Shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Last Saturday night we wanted to catch a bite out and also see if shad roe might be on seasonal menus yet. A quick phone call to the Suicide Bridge Restaurant confirmed they had the roe and we asked for reservations for 7. The restaurant is kind of in the boonies a bit if you're not from the area and we only missed one turn (if only the bar on the corner had put their lights on earlier!). We were quickly seated by a friendly hostess and promptly asked for our drink order by our waitress. An order of oysters imperial was brought to us for a fantastic appetizer. Nicley prepared with a healthy topping of blue crab. For dinner my wife had the Ahi Tuna Salad which was very good quality tuna that was blackened and seved with a nice salad. My shad roe was I believe broiled to tasty done-ness but was not overcoked. Served with perfectly cooked bacon and nice vegetables, I was in gastric heaven. The restaurant was not too crowded and there was quite a few staff waiting and bussing tables in our area. My wife had a little soft serve vanilla for dessert and it was time to slide behind the steering wheel and head back to Delaware. The dinner was very much worth the drive and presented good value. I note that the drive out there was at sunset and was beautiful.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roy w

Lusby, Maryland
“It's home to me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have lived near this restaurant for most of my life. Grew up going to this place with my parents and our small town folk.
It's right on Choptank and you can watch the ducks and boats on the water.
It's great for families and friends. The food is wonderful. Being from this area, I actually compare other seafood restaurants to Suicide Bridge to my taste.

I usually start with a cup of cream of crab soup, and for my meal I get a lb. of steamed shrimp with added sides. I love their pepper jack cheese potatoes, and salad.
They have a wonderful "All You Can Eat" buffet on Fridays. It's $30 per person. But you get a taste of everything. If you like oysters, they have a man who shells them right in front of you before walking into the side room used for the buffet tables.
Service is good, but I won't lie and say it's been awesome every time. If you went as often, you would end up "picking" your waitresses you like better than some. Some work harder than others =)

They have another building for occasions. A bar up and downstairs in the main restaurant and two riverboats that you can dine and ride.
I know this restaurant well and it really is a great place if you want a taste of Maryland. <3

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Very Bland Food at a High Price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was born and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and I have to say this restaurant is one of the worst places to eat. Their food has no flavor whatsoever and the choices of side items are something that comes straight out of a can. Their prices are ridiculously high for the quality of food they serve. It's diner food at gourmet prices. If you are looking for good seafood, this is not the place to go. It's a waste of gasoline and money to drive to Hurlock and eat here.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank brneyedgirl72
Clinton, Maryland
“Worst Valentine's Dinner Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were staying at the Hyatt Regency and the concierge desk recommende​d this restaurant​. Our waitress arrived at our table and never told us her name. Our food took 1 hr and 15 minutes to get to our table. My Mahi Mahi was delivered to my table still wrapped in a plastic wrap. My waitress rushed it back to the kitchen and returned 20 min later with a piece of fish half the size as the first. The fish tasted AWFUL! It left a burning sensation in my mouth and an after taste that numbed my tongue (my husband and sister tasted the fish and experienced the same thing)! I asked to see to the manager who never showed up! Ten minutes later, the waitress told us the manager was too busy to come to our table but removed the item from our check. He pacified us with chocolate covered strawberri​es! The was a horrible experience on Valentine'​s Day. Think twice before you visit here! The food and service was POOR!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Tina B
Cambridge, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dining by the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This fabulous restaurant in the middle of the country is a real gem. There food and service is so well known that charter buses full of hungry travelers often make the trip.

Visited October 2012