“Comfortable, Clean, Need Car”

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This is a nice clean alternative to the full service Marriott across the highway. My friend and I attended a convention in the area, and the convention hotel was sold out. The only food service is the breakfast buffet. For lunch or dinner one has to visit the mall restaurants.

If you have a car, it's no problem. We had to walk. It's not that far, but there are few pedestrian crossings in the area. The room was clean, nothing broken or missing. The front desk staff was very friendly and coordinated the shuttle with the other Marriott to get guests to and from the convention.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sedonababe

Reviewed December 26, 2007

The Courtyard Hunt Valley is located in a commercial area with tons of office buildings and townhouse development across the street. They just finished installing a sidewalk along International Circle along which you can walk to the Hunt Valley Towne Centre (which has tons of restaurants and a huge Wegmans grocery store), as well as the Hunt Valley Light Rail Station (which has convenient service to Baltimore).

In most aspects, the Courtyard is a step below the Marriott Hunt Valley Inn. There is a restaurant on site for breakfast only (for which they charge $8 for a continental breakfast (basically cereal and breads only), and $10 for a breakfast buffet (which includes French toast/waffles/etc.)). There's also a very small fitness room, which has two treadmills and a stationary bicycle, as well as a few free weights.

Beyond that, there aren't many more amenities. The staff were friendly, and the rooms were clean, so if that's all you seek in a hotel, then you should be satisfied here.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank snowman83
Reviewed October 14, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Couryard Marriott in Hunt Valley for a wedding the first weekend in October. The hotel is in a great location right off of I-83 and very easy to find. It is also located right down from a big shopping area with a fabulous grocery store, Wegmans and lots of name band stores.

Check-In was a breeze. Check in is at 3:00pm. We arrived at 1:30pm and our room was ready and we were albe to check right in. We were on the 1st floor. The hotel is very spread out, however they have many entry locations closer to the rooms so you are able to park down by the entry and enter closer to your room.

Our room was clean and adequate. We were sharing with another couple and there was plenty of room for all of us. Bathroom arrangement was nice. The shower and toilet were in one area with a door and the sink and counter was outside. It was nice with all of us getting ready to have seperate areas.

We were out late for the wedding and slept later into the morning so we did not take advantage of the free breakfast in the morning, but they have an area in the lobby where you can buy juices and water etc. That was nice to have around 11am. What was even better was that many chain hotels we have stayed in have maid service knocking first thing in the morning. Maid service did not bother us and we were able to stay in our room and get ready and check out with out a bother. Check out was at noon and was also just as easy. They prepare a bill for you and you can just leave the keys in your room. Or we went to the desk and had them split the charges. They were very accomodating.

We would def stay at this Marriott again and reccomentd it to others.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ach0717
Reviewed May 7, 2007

The hotel was very nice. The room was spotless and free of any odors. The furnishings were neat, everything was clean. The bathroom was large and free of mold.

The only problem we encountered were the rude guests next door who must have been having a party; very loud and annoying until 4am. The walls are thin, so we could hear their yelling and the door slamming.

If not for the rude people next door, this would have been an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeorgieboy
Reviewed April 10, 2007

This was the closest Marriott property in my price range when I was up for work for a week, and I found it to be well maintained overall. It was nice and close to plenty of places to eat (admittedly they were mostly chain restaurants, but there were plenty of choices), the room was nice and clean, the internet connection was better than many of the hotels I stay at, and the gym had multiple treadmills and they were all functional (which is a rarity it seems). There was nothing exceptional about the hotel at all, and I only saw the rest of it during check-in and check-out, but I'd have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank smackrabbit
Reviewed March 13, 2007

I had never been to this area, but was there for one night on business. I try and stay at Marriott properties (b/c of discounted Friends and Family rate I get), and generally like Courtyards. I had a choice between this one and the other Hunt Valley Inn, but that was $40 more a night even w/ the Friends and Family discount... so I figured it was a no brainer.

PROS
-- Nice, prompt, helpful and cheerful front desk staff.
-- Decent lobby with fireplace, small flat screen tv and wireless internet and 24-hour snack bar/ free coffee. You can even get a beer in the little snack bar which is nice. (It's definitely an older Courtyard though. The newer ones do have nicer and bigger lobbies and facilities in general).
-- Free parking
-- Right near awesome shopping center with great restaurants that occupied many of my otherwise very bored hours the night before my meeting.
-- Beds are very comfortable (and I have back problems). These were the new Marriott beds/pillows. Room was clean and seemed recently renovated.
-- All rooms seem to have sliding glass doors, opening to interior atrium or outside balcony/patio.... this is plus for those of us who insist on opening a window.
-- Quiet efficient HVAC.

CONS
-- No wireless internet in the room (very bad for the business traveler). You do get free "wired" internet, but my connection worked earlier in the day and then wouldn't come up later that night. If I had to work on my presentation further, I would have been in big trouble.
-- No room service. I know that most Courtyards don't have room service, but the reservation agent told me they did. If you insist on eating in your room on business travel this could be a problem. However, there are lots of restaurants nearby that have delivery or pick-up service like Damons, Outback, etc.
-- Really poor toiletries... given airline issues and all, I have really pared down my toiletry bag and rely on hotels to provide some basics. Here, all you get is no-name shampoo and milled soap. Guys may not care, but for you ladies that really count on conditioner, body lotion, face soap - bring your own. I have come to expect more from a Marriott property. Also, ladies, bring your own hairdryer if you need one. The one they provide is the cheapest, loudest, most ineffective model going.

Neutral
-- They have an indoor pool but it was covered up for some reason. There seemed to be someone testing chlorine levels.
-- There is an OK fitness room with a treadmill and bike, a few weights and a TV. (If you are really into working out, I think there's a full gym in the shopping center next door).
-- They have a decent breakfast buffet, but unlike other Courtyard properties, it's not free. It costs $9.95 plus tax, tip. If your company is picking up the tab, or you like to eat a lot for breakfast - great. If not, head over to the shopping center next door and get a gourmet coffee, bagel or whatever you want from wegmans.

Overall I would stay there again for a night or two on business, but I might be tempted to check out the Hunt Valley Marriott across the street to compare.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank K&Kmom
Reviewed February 9, 2007

We stayed here on Superbowl weekend while visting family nearby. The hotel was fine, the accomodations more than satisfactory, and the front desk helpful. There is free internet in the lobby which worked fine. There is a nearby shopping center with an Outback Restaurant, Sears, Walmart, Chico's etc. We had a delicious dinner in Sparks Maryland at the Milton Inn about four (4) miles away. The TV in the Lobby which was surrounded by a handful of Superbowl enthusists needs an upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!