“Nice, pretty.”

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed 4 nights and found the hotel comfortable. The room contained the requested mini fridge for our medication. Bed comfortable, but towels VERY thin and old.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helped with many small problems we encountered, as well as recommending great local restaurants.
My main complaint was with the breakfast. Every other hotel in this price point offers free breakfast. Here the "continental buffet" was $7.99. Only on the last day did we discover that you could have JUST a bowl of cereal for $3.00. Even though there was a menu of a la carte options, this was not listed. The one time I ordered cooked to order eggs, it was bland and dry. Probably came from the standard buffet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had a real good experience with this hotel. I was here for 3 nights and I had a superb time.
Huge rooms with very nice decor was the highlight of my stay
Breakfast in comparison to other hotels was much better.
The real test of any hotel is only when you face a problem. So here I am, with my new iPad, unable to connect to hotels internet. I was able to connect my laptop but not the iPad.. started reading reviews about ipad... and got scared when many people were facing problem when they were unable to connect to wifi with their ipad especially in hotels. The hotel guy followed up for me with their internet service provider and got my tablet connected :) It took him a while but it was a relief. I recommend the hotel for its quality and its staff. All the best guys. keep it up.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nishant p
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here while visiting family. We'd actually 'bid' on Priceline for one located in Towson, this is the one we 'won'.
It was very hot outside, 100+, so the hallways were very warm, but the room was fairly comfortable, however we were glad we'd brought a small fan. It had a thermostat but no change in temp or AC fan when using it. I'm guessing it was a cost saving measure on their part.
The staff was professionally friendly. We'd requested a king bed at check in but were told that since we went thru Priceline we could only have two queens. Altho I'm not sure why they couldn't switch us because they certainly weren't full. The room was clean. There was a small balcony overlooking the courtyard, but due to heat we never opened it. It was very quiet, in the lobby, the halls and thankfully the room. We didn't have a little frig in the room so keeping anything cold was out of the question. The tub faucet dripped but didn't bother us. The water pressure was good.
It's near restaurants, shops, movie theater and a good grocery store, Wegman's. It's right off of I-83 which can take you into Baltimore or up into PA.
All in all I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MDlover
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Stayed for business on May 17th. The Hunt Valley Courtyard has not been updated and modernized like many Courtyards have been, including an outdated lobby. The room was comfortable with a flat screen tv, which was nice. The exercise room was average at best with limited equipment. I would not stay again until hotel is renovated.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisC1985
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This courtyard needs a redo, rooms aren't bad but halls and recption are old-- stained furniture -- fitness room is a joke-- hot, treadmills are antiques!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank swa
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during my family reunion because its close to where my uncle lives and I had other family staying there. The room was clean with a really comfortable king size bed overflowing with pillows. Free internet was available in the room. The room also had a large flat screen tv. The bathroom was decent and pretty much the ordinary hotel bathroom. I found the hotel to be quiet during my stay. The fitness center was laughable. The continental breakfast didn't seem worth the price so I didn't bother. There is a large shopping center really close to the hotel with plenty of food options.

If you need to stay in the area than this hotel is fine but its nothing special. If you're spending a weekend in Baltimore I'd get something closer to the city. I don't think the rooms were quite worth the price but that is the case with most hotels if you don't search out a better deal.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank songoftheeclipse
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I didn't stay long at the hotel as I got in at 11:30 at night. The desk folks were attentive and efficient so I got to my room quickly. The room was clean, attractive and comfortable. The TV was huge - missed that the Food Network was not one of the choices, but HGTV helped me settle down for sleep. The place was very quiet. The room faced the courtyard which would have been nice in warmer weather - there was a little patio and a chair and table. The bed was pretty soft and the pillows plentiful. Breakfast in the lobby the next day was fine - standard cooked food. I liked being able to make a fresh waffle. Plenty of coffee and a variety of fruit. This was a little tricky to find in the dark, but the GPS on my phone helped with the last few turns. I was able to print my boarding pass for my flight for free in the lobby. Nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!