“Comfortable stay with great breakfast! ”

Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family for a weekend in July. The room was very comfortable, although the bathroom was a little small. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but I was charged for a night that was prepaid on points. The charges were eventually reversed but after receiving an invoice, I had been told that I wouldn't be charged. I was obviously. The parking was free and very convenient and the hotel is well located near Interstate 83 and a Shopping Plaza. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choices, including a great pancake maker. The Holiday Inn Express is very good value and we would probably stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley! We can't wait to see you during your next trip to the area!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located less than a mile from the light rail system, shops and restaurants. The internet was stable and breakfast included a variety of hot and cold foods. The cinamen rolls, although prepacked were warm and tasty.

The room was a bit crowded with a king-sized bed, pull out sofa, small coffee table, desk, dresser with fridge and microwave, and armoire. If the armoire had been pushed against the wall (it was about 6"-9" from the wall), it would have made getting out of bed much easier.

I had a room in the back-I'd asked for a quiet room. They told me there were no quiet rooms because of the vet's office and kennel next door. However, I found the room quite quiet and only heard dogs barking at 8 am each morning when staff came in an opened the office. I didn't hear them on Sunday so I assume that staff came in to feed them at a later time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ColumbiaMDPercolate
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My daughter and I went to this hotel when the Holiday Inn in Timonium made a mistake and couldn't accommodate our reservation for a handicapped accessible room (she is in a wheelchair). The H.I. Timonium called ahead and asked if there were any accessible rooms available and they said that they had one. When we got there after 5 hours of travelling from NY they put us in a room that was behind the front desk and was definitely some sort of closet before. It had a king bed and if my daughter didn't have a tiny wheelchair, she wouldn't have been able to maneuver around in the room. That's how tiny it was. It was a poor excuse for an accessible room. The mirrors in the bathroom were too high for her to see herself so she had to dry her hair by the long mirror in the entry way. The spray faucet was attached to the wall in the shower so she couldn't handle the nozzle like most accessible showers. The free breakfast was powdered eggs and bacon that tasted like plastic. All this for $98 (they matched the price of the other Holiday Inn. It normally would have been $119 for a tiny little closet. A handicapped room should actually be larger to allow for a wheelchair. The clincher was the T&E Authorization charge of $60 on my credit card which I had no idea what it was. I called customer service at Holiday Inn to complain about this hotel and the hotel was supposed to get back to me and never did. All they did was remove the $60 charge. The only positive was the king bed was comfortable. A poor excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Dee0516,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Came down for Yankee game and usually stay at Embassy Suites, but there was also a lacrosse tournament and all the hotels were booked solid. This hotel is right around the corner from the light rail, easy on/off from I83. Mall and restaurants close. Rooms very comfortable, a little small with sofa bed pulled out - comfortable bed. Breakfast was one of the best around - eggs that did not taste like rubber, turkey sausage, pancakes, etc. Good coffee too. Staff very friendly and helpful. There is no pool and just a treadmill in exercise room. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley! On behalf of our management team I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Friends and I was in town for Preakness as well as my Birthday and we stayed at this hotel. Everything about this property was great from breakfast to the convenience of the location there are plenty of restaurants and stores close to area and also a dutch market directly across the street.The rooms are small to average size but it works if two people are in the room. But the most pleasant surprise was returning to my room in the evening to find not only was it clean but there was a homemade birthday card placed at the foot of my bed with sweet wishes and signed by Britney of housekeeping! I was very shocked because all of the time that I have traveled from hotel to hotel for my birthday not once has anyone outside of family and friends done something like that and especially not a housekeeper. Despite other reviews the whole staff was wonderful and gave us by far the best customer service! We will be returning next year

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank susanCobber

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are excited you had a great stay with us and can't wait to see you during your next trip to Hunt Valley!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. It is in a convenient location with a stop light right at the entrance. There are many nice restaurants and huge shopping center with major stores very close by. We were very please with our stay. Be aware that truck parking is limited. There is under ground parking which is a problem if your truck is high or you are pulling a trailer, which we were, and unable to enter that area. Bo was very helpful with assisting in our parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol C
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and are very happy to hear your positive comments about Bo! Our entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley strives to provide exceptional service and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to the area!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I was staying a few days in Maryland and needed a place to crash, so when we ran across this property we decided to check it out at first glance the building looked very nice, the parking lot was very clean with many spaces and free might I add(which is always great)! Check in was fast and the clerk was friendly however the rooms are not really big but it was very clean and smelled really nice, the breakfast was and good especially the pancakes but the best part of the whole experience was talking to housekeepers who were all a delight but our favorite was a young lady by the name of Brittany.. She was extremely polite kept a smile on her face and did a heck of a job cleaning our room so much that we only wanted her to clean for us! All in all it was a nice experience and we will be returning if we're in the area... P.s. Ask for Brittany with her you are guaranteed great service!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jaypillsbury
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled to hear our employees, specifically Brittany, were able to provide you friendly great service! She is a great asset to our team here and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!